Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can anyone ID this PCB?  (Read 1287 times)

KiwiArcader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2008, 02:21:26 am
Can anyone ID this PCB?
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »
I picked this up in a box load of PCB's recently and neither the seller or myself have any idea what it is. He only had a JAMMA cabinet so never tested it.

It's a 44 edge connector board ......

..... and about the only identifying clue on it 'might' be PG in the lower left of the picture. I'm guessing it's a dud anyway but as I have a spare 44 edge connector I wouldn't mind wiring up it up to test so any help identifying it would be most appreciated so I dont fry it.

Gotta love the traces on this one  ;D

MonMotha

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2018, 05:45:54 pm
Re: Can anyone ID this PCB?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:21:26 am »
Well, if nobody can identify it, it's usually pretty easy to come up with a power pinout for the edge connector by checking where the power busses get routed.  Ground is usually obvious.  Digital supply would likely be 5V.  There is also probably a +/- analog supply for sound of either +12/-5 or +12/-12 or +15/-15 depending on the game.  It may be possible to run it without those rails.

Video you can often find with a little sleauthing.  Once you find sync (will be a digital output), just grab what appear to be analog video lines and hook them up in any order.  You'll be able to correct color ordering once you get video.

Getting it to run w/ video would probably let you identify the game.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 03:24:10 am »
If you have access to an EPROM burner you could of course read-out the eproms and identify them with ROMIDENT or maybe here:
http://www.arcadestuff.com/tech/romident.php?crc=97953db8

or....

Did you look here ?

http://www.crazykong.com/pcbs/

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 12:36:38 pm »
I have had some success leveraging the MAWS database to ID PCB ICs. I've never been able to positively identify a PCB purely through MAWS, but I was able to pinpoint likely candidates which narrowed down my search. From the information I get from MAWS, I've been able narrow the search down using information from other sites such as System 16, Crazy Kong, KLOV (and to a much lesser extent) eBay and (more or less) random sites via Google.