Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: burn emulator for xbox  (Read 1192 times)

SonicSlammaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2009, 07:00:14 am
burn emulator for xbox
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:00 am »
Hey guys i dunno if this is the right place to ask this but ive tried a number of places n cant get a straight answer..

basicly i want to burn an emulator to disc to use in my modded xbox does any1 here know what i need to achive this i know it can be done but i just dunno how. I have the emulators and stuff.

GlennM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2008, 11:22:31 pm
Re: burn emulator for xbox
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 10:30:58 am »
You should be able to burn them onto a CD-RW at your lowest burn speed.

Truth be told, why though?  I can see why you'd store your roms on a CD, but why the emulators as well.

Just drop them into your Games or Emus directory and make sure you have that directory on your menu (Whatever frontend you use)

You'll get lower loading times this way.

SonicSlammaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:47:15 am »
So there is no need for specific programmes like nero or recordnow max or anything? is 8x enough?
I want to be able to just put the disc in and run it from that with the roms in the folders on the disc also, my reason for this is because in order to ftp to place the emus on the drive ide have to buy a router or a crossover cable..seems like more work dnt ya think? unless theres an easier way to get emus to the drive? using executer2

slycrel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm
  • Mmm... Portal.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:13:02 am »
The majority of the emulators out there you can just un-archive and place the roms in the appropriate folder.  I believe if you have the default.xbe file on the root of the CD when burned it will even auto-play for you.  (don't move it in relation to the folders around it though)

It would probably be wise to spend $5-10 and buy a crossover cable.  That or you could borrow one to get all the emulators on your xbox.  That's really the better way to go.

Good luck.

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:19:41 am »
mame and kixxx emulator doesnt run from disc.

you can burn the raw files on a dvd-r disc then copy them on xbox hard drive. I dunno which dashboard you are using but xbox media center 360 has build in file explorer/copier. "avalaunch" also lets you copy files from disc to hard drive. copy them to F:emulators folder(default for xbmc360 dashboard)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:32:05 pm by SNAAKE »

SonicSlammaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:11 pm »
Ok thats great guys  :applaud: i just needed to kno the basics of burning it to the disc  :cheers:

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 12:55:55 pm »
use nero,disc at once,finalize disc

SonicSlammaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:17 am »
Is it nessesary to use nero or can i use my basic software? And do i have to change the emulator and folders to an iso image or can it be burned directly :dunno
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:40:23 pm by SonicSlammaster »