Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XENIUM ICE XBOX PRE-MOD Premodded system  (Read 3144 times)

dskillz1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2020, 03:04:13 pm
  • I'm a llama!
XENIUM ICE XBOX PRE-MOD Premodded system
« on: November 15, 2004, 02:21:22 pm »
If I bought a XENIUM ICE XBOX Premodded system with 10gb Hard Drive (http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium-pre-mod.htm) and decided later that I wanted to replace the 10 gig hard drive with a 200 gig hard drive would it be a simple swap of the hard drive?  Does the Xenium ICE mod chip allow a 200 gig hard drive?  Do I need to program anything to get it to recognize the new hard drive?  I would rather install my own hard drive if I could help it but do you guys think I should just go with a pre-installed one?  Any help or links would be most appreciated!  Thanks

DYNAGOD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2012, 07:01:55 am
  • sprites taste better than polygons
Re:XENIUM ICE XBOX PRE-MOD Premodded system
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 02:26:28 pm »
im uncertain of the max drive size on the xenium,ive always stayed at the old arbitrary 120gb to be safe.but considering they are selling xeniums wioth 200gb drives i would say its likely safe.
its not as simple as just swapping it..
you will need to partition,lock ,and create a directory structure for the xbox..
theres a linux program you will need to use to accomplish this.
you will install the drive on your computer as your primary drive and use thelinux proggy as a boot disk to do all this..
i beleive i still have the program...its not as complicated as the tutotials at x-box scene make it..
ill try and dig it up when i get home..

« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 02:28:30 pm by DYNAGOD »
Enjoying the fruits of technological obsolescence one game at a time...

DYNAGOD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 02:42:16 pm »
IMPORTANT!! almost forgot

YOU MUST BUY A DRIVE THAT IS LOCKABLE!!

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 02:43:18 pm by DYNAGOD »

clanggedin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
  • O'DOYLE RULES!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 02:58:35 pm »
I have a 160GB drive on my Xenium. I will be installing a 300GB drive on a friend of mines.

The Xenium doesn't care what size of drive you use, but the BIOS does. You have to make sure you install a bios on the Xenium that supports drives bigger than 120GB.

You should ba able to find those on IRC, then you can FTP the new bios, use a flash drive via a USB adapter, or burn it to a CD-R and upload it.

Remember, the bios determines which if you can support larger drives than 120GB, not the chip.

dskillz1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2020, 03:04:13 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 07:35:38 pm »
Thanks guys I appreciate the info.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 10:20:13 pm »
It's actually even easier than these guys are making it out to be :)   Your Xenium already has a bios that accepts a larger harddrive if you are running an different dashboard (EvoX, Avalaunch, THC, etc).  My guess is you probably ARE since most premodded systems will install those for you.  And chances are, since you got it recently, it can accept over 137gb... double check to be sure, but you're more than likely fine on that front.

Find yourself a copy of Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer.  Its a couple hundred meg .iso that you can burn to a CD-R or DVD-R (if your xbox dvd drive doesnt like cd media).  Then all you do is swap the hdd, and put in the slayer's disc.  The disc will format, partition, and set up the drive for you.  You can then load whatever you want to the xbox once it is initially set up.  You can change dashboards if you want, if you don't want to use EvoX or whatever else you want to do.

And one more thing, you do NOT have to get a drive that is lockable. I repeat, you do NOT need a lockable drive.  Locking the drive is only important if you plan to use Xbox Live, but microsoft is banning anyone with a non-stock harddrive now anyway (from what I've read) so it DOES NOT MATTER.  My hard drive is not locked currently and everything works perfect.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

Chemixtry

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2021, 07:58:17 pm
  • If an experiment works, something has gone wrong
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 11:03:19 am »
 I've been trying to read up on everything at xbox scene but my head is just swimming with the flood of information. Some people recommend a chip and some say to go with the soft mod. I just want a reliable system with a large hard drive and I dont want to go online. It also confusing with all the bios and dashboards. Any good newbie guides?
Experience is directly proportional to equipment ruined

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 11:13:45 pm »
The best tutorials really are at Xbox-Scene.  Read a little at a time and try to digest it all.  It's simple once you get going, but seems mind-boggling at first.

If you're not going online, you've already answered one of the toughest questions.  A modchip or a softmod will work, it's really personal preference and what you want.  Myself, I prefer having a physical chip... no real reasoning really, just my preference.  I don't know much about the exploits and softmods, but I do know they work without problems.

Read some more about each, and you'll be able to make your own decision.  I'll throw a vote in for a chip, but as I said, you'd be fine either way more than likely.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

DYNAGOD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 07:15:37 am »
if you get nothing else after you mod, get XBMC..that thing is INCREDIBLE!!
M$ is blind for crippling their xbox at release and not incorperating sch feature. Xbox would have sold millions of more consoles if they had..

bloodyviking77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2010, 07:01:38 am
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 09:45:24 pm »
It's actually even easier than these guys are making it out to be :

Sure is.
With the xenium, there's no need to use slayers.

1. Pop open your xbox
2. disconnect the ide cable from the dvd drive
3. connect a "y splitter" cable to the hd power cable and your new big HD.
4. Plug the IDE connector that was connected to the xbox dvd drive to your new big HD.
5. Press the eject button to boot to Xenium OS
(make sure you're using the latest version, IIRC it's 2.01 - check out www.teamxodus.com to make sure)
6. There is an option called "disk tools". - then "upgrade HD wizard" or something. Once you've followed the instructions and its all done, just swap out the original HD for the new one, reconnect the dvd drive and you're good to go.

Shut up! Bloody Vikings!!