Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Resolution issue(height) when out outputing to a Jpac  (Read 2572 times)

Gamer4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2024, 12:31:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Resolution issue(height) when out outputing to a Jpac
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »
I spent some time today trying to get retropie to output a good height to my monitor. I started with a clean install and dropped tmnt in my mame folder. I made sure that everything work fine on my tv before moving it over to my cab.

Before I moved it over to my cab I modified the boot config to:

hdmi_cvt=320 240 60 1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87

Everthing works fine, but my image is cut off at the top by a handful of pixels. In game and in retropie(see pic) I tried handful of things but I still cant get a full image. I am using a 25" k7000 with a hdmi to vga to the Pi. Any help would be appreciated.

Gamer4life

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2024, 12:31:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Resolution issue(height) when out outputing to a Jpac
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:36:38 pm »
Right after I posted this I found Floobs video on adjusting the border setting in the mame.cfg file that did the trick. Is there any other ways to go about it?

elvis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2023, 05:31:03 pm
  • penguin poker
    • StickFreaks
Re: Resolution issue(height) when out outputing to a Jpac
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:31 pm »
Right after I posted this I found Floobs video on adjusting the border setting in the mame.cfg file that did the trick. Is there any other ways to go about it?

There are overscan adjustments in mame4all as well as the RPi's boot configuration:

http://elinux.org/RPiconfig

Adjust both to the needs of your particular monitor.