Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Color Difference?  (Read 1166 times)

chrisindfw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2020, 05:57:34 pm
  • I drank what?
Color Difference?
« on: December 23, 2003, 02:27:31 pm »
Ok. Stupid post alert!

Does anyone have HAPP buttons and Ultimarc Sticks or vice versa, that are the same color? Meaning, does HAPP's blue buttons match Ulitmarcs blue joysticks?

Thanks

bobjohnson77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2003, 01:31:47 pm
Re:Color Difference?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 08:27:25 am »
Can I get someone to answer this for me,  I get to build my first CP and need to know about colors and mixing products

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 10:02:19 am »
Ok. Stupid post alert!

Does anyone have HAPP buttons and Ultimarc Sticks or vice versa, that are the same color? Meaning, does HAPP's blue buttons match Ulitmarcs blue joysticks?

Thanks

Not really your answer, but.

I assume you mean the T-Stik and the Happ buttons.  I don't think they are the same, but that is only based on pictures I have seen of both.

I know the Happ and Wico blue buttons are different, the Wico tending more toward a lilac or purple hue.

Odd thing is both the Happ buttons and T-Stik are really imported from Industrias Lorenzos.

Wouldn't hurt to E-mail Andy Warne to confirm and then post the answer here.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

slycrel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm
  • Mmm... Portal.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 12:28:34 pm »

On a related note, the wico buttons that I got a few weeks ago were a lot less bright than I had expected.  It seems that the Happ buttons are brighter and more vivid colors.  Wish I woulda known that before.  ;)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 04:55:06 pm
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 01:24:48 am »
Here's a photo of blue Happ Controls buttons with a blue Ultimarc joystick.  They are close enough to me in shade that they make no difference and will look good together, IMHO.

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 01:53:43 am »
I know this sounds silly, but do you guys know this is the ONLY arcade related place on the web where I have ever heard anyone who truly cares about the exact colors of buttons. I just think that is kind of funny, no one ever talks about that on klov or RGVAC.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

BillyJack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2011, 12:13:50 pm
  • Must...paint...cab...! Must...buy...marquee..!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 09:31:27 am »
Jess, dees ees trooo.  But, vee are troo arteests, not a bunch of hacks putting together 25 yeer old gahmes!  

BTW Paige, you've developed quite an attitude lately.  What's the deal?  You used to be so nice and helpful... now you're turning HC on us.  Helpful, but kind of an ass... even though you're a helpful ass.

No offense, HC, or to you Paige.

Now I've had my head in an elephant, a hippo, and a giant sloth.
-Homer

Tiger-Heli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 02:19:23 pm
  • Ron Howard? . . . er, I mean . . . Run, Coward!!!
    • Tiger-Heli
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 09:36:28 am »
Jess, dees ees trooo.  But, vee are troo arteests, not a bunch of hacks putting together 25 yeer old gahmes!  

BTW Paige, you've developed quite an attitude lately.  What's the deal?  You used to be so nice and helpful... now you're turning HC on us.  Helpful, but kind of an ass... even though you're a helpful ass.

No offense, HC, or to you Paige.

LOL!
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go. - R. Travis.
When all is said and done, generally much more is SAID than DONE.

greven grevs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2006, 03:24:19 pm
  • U.S. Air Force
    • The Greven Group
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 04:21:56 pm »
I know this sounds silly, but do you guys know this is the ONLY arcade related place on the web where I have ever heard anyone who truly cares about the exact colors of buttons. I just think that is kind of funny, no one ever talks about that on klov or RGVAC.

I think thi is becuase , here on this forum , most of us are making single machines that will be highly visable to alot of people. I know its that way for me. When I made our machine I made sure all the buttons were blue and the t-molding was painted blue to match the Jaws and Finding Nemo movie posters that frame it. To me alot of the original control panels are an eye sore. I have never been a fan of multi-colored buttons and joysticks. If I had the space and time to devote one room as the arcade with mulitple machines , I think i would then not mind so much the colors of the buttons and such but since our machine is in the living room I wanted it to be as appealing to the eye and to compliment the rest of the room. just my $0.02.