Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe CD 100F Venus Jukebox Volume Spike at song start  (Read 3055 times)

retrogamer414

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2014, 11:50:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe CD 100F Venus Jukebox Volume Spike at song start
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:57 am »
Hello all,

I recently picked up a cd100f to replace my 100e box.

Basically everything is working and playing but I have the weird issue where when a song 1st starts it comes on 50% louder than what the current volume is set at then fades to the proper volume after about 3 seconds.

I tried moving the power levels on the power block from E7 to E4 to E3 on both sides and that does nothing it lowers the volume but the spike at songs start is still there. I have a y splitter coming off the cd player to split the output to my receiver and stereo system unplugged that and still get the spike.

Its a regular phillips player.

Reseated connectors on amp and decoder board.

Am getting down to trying to figure if its in the player or the amp and was just wondering if anyone experienced this issue or has any advice?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

R

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
Re: Rowe CD 100F Venus Jukebox Volume Spike at song start
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:42 am »
Sounds like there is something wrong with the mute signal connection. Do you hear a hissing sound when the jukebox is not playing? If so, then the amp is not being muted which may explain the high volume startup issue.  Check to make sure the mute signal wire is making a good connection. The wire should be orange with a black stripe going to either P13 on the CCC, or on some later models, it may be down by the cd mechanism controller.

retrogamer414

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »
Ok thanks for the response that's definitely where it's coming from.

I do have a hiss when the box is in standby or powered off but plugged in so the amp is not muting.

I have a orange And white wire factory original going to p4 (rowelink) on the cd decoder board.

Next to that is a orange/black stripe and white/black stripe pair with a handmade connector that looks like it is
trained in the position to go on that p4 connector but it is not hooked up. when I hook the homemade wire up to p4 the amp mutes like it should but then I lose the rowelink connection and rowelink led is dead and carriage won't move.

I see no other place on the board for the Rowe link connector to go.

Can I splice the two together and have both hooked up or will that possibly damage something?

Thanks for the quick response would love to get this working right today.

R

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:43:02 pm by retrogamer414 »

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »
Hmm

You may need to take a picture and post it. Something does not sound right.  The orange wire and the white wire going to p4 (rowelink connector) should be the only wires going to the rowelink connector.  I'm starting to suspect that the other two wires (orange/black and white/black) may have been pulled out of the connector going to P6 on the mech controller. My guess is that someone was trying to put in an external music source at one time so they pulled the wires to bypass the mute control.

The orange/black (mute) should go to pin#7 and the white/black would go to pin#9 (amp reference) on the P6 connector.

retrogamer414

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:39:20 am »
Awesome!

Yes that was exactly what the previous owner did. They tried to bypass the mute for backround music.

I ran the orange black wire to p6 like you said and the amp is muted and controller still works.

Couldn't be happier thanks for the help and I look forward to returning the favor to others in need.

R