Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cabal Restoration.  (Read 2106 times)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Cabal Restoration.
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »
Unfortunately I don't think I took any pictures of what this looked like when I started.

It started out as a nasty looking Cabal in a Satan's Hollow cabinet and the bottom was completely soft and coming apart. It was painted black, the coin door was rusty, the buttons were mismatched, it had no sideart, the trackballs were almost black with gunk and were seized. The sound didn't work and it was a general all around turd.

Now the Cabal restoration is at about 85 percent. Still need to install some smoked plexi over the monitor, put the NOS side stickers on it, polish that plastic piece over the control panel, clean up the monitor bay and adjust the picture. This one has taken forever because I took it completely apart when I first got it in order to replace the rotted bottom panel, repair the monitor and repaint the cabinet, then I just kept losing pieces of the thing. Played my first couple games on it today and let me tell you, those left handed trackballs take some getting used to.

I am debating installing a light fixture under that plastic piece left over from when it was Satan's Hollow. Also thinking about doing a graphical bezel instead of smoked plexi. Thoughts?

Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cabal Restoration.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:33:08 pm »
It's a damn shame to see that cabinet like that.

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:53:04 am »
Yeah, but there was nothing of Satan's Hollow left to it other than that light cover. The conversion happened in 1988, I didn't do it. I tried to salvage the painted over artwork and failed. I priced out deconverting it, but it would have been more than twice what it would have cost to buy a working original one. The side and kickplate artwork alone run $300 and that is about the going rate for the whole game.

It's a damn shame to see that cabinet like that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:56:46 am by paigeoliver »
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

koolmoecraig

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2014, 07:07:20 pm
    • My Intervention
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »
Cabal is such a cool game.

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 pm