Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Elo Touchscreen via USB w/Anroid STB?  (Read 1784 times)

Xynie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2020, 09:30:19 am
  • Sometimes, I feel like Dilbert.
Elo Touchscreen via USB w/Anroid STB?
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:45:56 pm »
I am a big fan of Android STB's - I primarily use Jynxbox's with XBMC to run my TVs from a central media server.  I have been toying around with a jukebox, I like to host parties and I think it will be fun to add to the environment. 

I have a 17" Elo ETC170K-8UWC-1 touchscreen monitor that I haven't used in almost 8 years, I powered it up and it works fine.  So I am thinking to use the plans from this project: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=99666.0 and altering them to fit my 17" monitor for a bartop jukebox/touchscreen game system.

My questions... I have seen some great XBMC touchscreen jukebox skins and I know it run XBMC well (as well as some good android apps in the playstore), but has anyone added an external touchscreen monitor to an Android device?  I'll have to use a VGA->HDMI adapter for video, and the monitor and STB have USB ports for the touchscreen interface.  It was easy to setup on Windows, not too sure on a Linux/Android system, or how to even calibrate it.

Anyone have any experience?  Will it work?

Thanks
Anthony
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:52:36 pm by Xynie »