Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP : Need a MK2/UMK3 PCB Guru  (Read 1073 times)

Savannan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2012, 10:53:06 pm
HELP : Need a MK2/UMK3 PCB Guru
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:26 am »
Im dong a all in one MK cab.. currently I have a mk2 cab with all the stock wiring.  I picked up a UMK3 board from a fellow member on here.  When I disconnect my MK2 board and install UMK3 my graphics are ALL MESSED UP!!!  like a bad chip.  The fellow memeber said that the PCB worked before he shpped it USPS...the box wasnt damaged at all.  If I connect my MK2 board..everything looks normal

The only 2 things I can think of is.... 1) bad board 2) or perhaps of this....(red bar seperates UMK3/MK2 pcb)

I only have 1 wire which is +5v on the MK2 p4 connector...now when I move that to the p3 connector on the UMK3 board I know that I'm still missing +5v/2 grounds....is the p3/p4 wires used to give extra auxilliary power to the pcb?  by not having that addtional power/ground...would that mess the graphics up?

Any one came across this before?  

Sav

PS.  The fellow memeber on here said he would warranty the board.  If worst comes to worse.....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:24:57 am by Savannan »

Savannan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2012, 10:53:06 pm
Re: HELP : Need a MK2/UMK3 PCB Guru
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:34:21 pm »
I got it goin...100% now.  I beilve it was the board...the shipper said it worked 100% but once I installed it the graphics were all messed up.  I took out the PCB and carefully pressed down on the chips....cruuuunch.....pluged it in and slowly but surely(after 3 or so mins) the graphics came to be normal...weird....

MonMotha

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2018, 05:45:54 pm
Re: HELP : Need a MK2/UMK3 PCB Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:01:48 pm »
Re-seat all the socketed chips.  This process will normally dislodge any crud that's in the socket area and ensure a good connection.  If the leads are inordinately corroded, you may need to use a pencil eraser (gently so as not to bend the pin) to clean them.  One or more of the socketed chips could easily have become loose during shipping explaining the behavior (working before shipping but not after).