Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My First Cabinet : On hold till March  (Read 1972 times)

emerex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2011, 10:11:26 am
My First Cabinet : On hold till March
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:55:13 am »
Here it is!  Im really excited about it.  It's still unfinished.  I need to install my marquee, the t-molding, and put together my control panel.  But it's already cnc'd and the vynl overlay is printed up for it.  I work in the oil patch and I'm in Colombia till march, this was as far as I could get in the week they let me have at home hehehe. 

Specs
UAII design from North Coast Customs
4 player custom designed control panel
31" 720p tv
2 x 5 1/2 Sony explodes
2x bose home theater speakers
1x 10" car subwoofer
sound powered by old Bose stereo reciever
Computer is an old dell that my wife used to use, but when i get home, im building a new one out of parts from my old gaming rig, as it's getting an upgrade :D  It will have

AMD phenom II quad core processor
8 gigs ddr2
2x SLI Nvidia 8650 GT's
1tb hdd
(I want to be able to play any new stuff that comes out on it too, eg SF4)

Running Hyperspin, I used Litestep to hide windows so that when it auto-loads Hyperspin on boot, you can see the intro.  I couldn't figure out how to run it as shell without losing the vid.  I still need to hide the mouse, and that little taskbar that pops up in the corner, this is just a rough draft really, I was rushing to get as much done/tested before I had to go back to work.  It's a bit choppy on this old machine, but it will be a power house when i get home.

Heres the Link to the Youtube Vid I mad, I'll post some construction pics when I get a hold of them.  (They are on my home computer)

emerex

• Offline Offline
Re: My First Cabinet : On hold till March
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:33 am »
I have a question for the Guru's.  About the side art and control panel overlays.  I found the highest resolution image I could find on the web (something like 2200 - 2000 or some such) but it was still pixelated when i blew it up to size.  I was thinking I could find some kind of poster, and have that printed on vynl (i also heard that it doesnt hold up to abuse very well though) for the sides and CP.  Like a Cammy poster for one side, and a scorpion poster for the other maybe.  and something cosmic for the CP.  Is there a better way?  is there a place I can download images that have a high enough resolution to print to size?  Where did you guys get yours from?

emerex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:52 am »
OK, I just ran in to another problem.  I had planned on using this machine to play modern games such as street fighter 4 when it comes out for pc.  But it seems that the 8 way joysticks i have from happ won't work because of the limitations of the switches.  (little directional sensitivity and it can't tell how much pressure is applied in a given direction)  but happ analogue sticks are $150.00!!!!! what??!?!?!?!   Is there a hack, or an alternative I could use instead?  (Bummer seeing as how I already bought all those joysticks)

emerex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:08 am »
Crisis averted!!! The ultimarc 360 joysticks do this, and they are reasonably priced!!!!   WHEW!

Donkbaca

• Our reptillian overlords would be pleased
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2012, 06:28:10 pm
    • Slim built MAME/Xbox cab
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:26:34 pm »
you don't need analog sticks to play SFIV