Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "The Arcade" new and improved!  (Read 1537 times)

Trebeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
"The Arcade" new and improved!
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:20:47 am »
Hey all,

Well I took a bit of a holiday from working on my cab but I finally got this beast up and running.  The new design is almost exactly like the first design but completely rebuilt better and stronger.  This baby can now take a night of big drunk dudes playing Street Fighter 3.

I went back and redesigned the side art thanks to the arcade art library and the awesome people contributing.  As well as the marquee.  It used to have the old "MAME" sign but 90% of the people who saw it would always ask what MAME was.  So now it simply says "The Arcade"  because that is what is known as around here.  I still have the old control top art but that thing is going under the knife next.
4 player? ... hmmmmm.......

The most noticeable item on my new cab are the police beacons.  Totally unnecessary to be sure, but they have four awesome purposes.
1. They work great when you are hosting a big party and the music is pumping via Orb/Winamp/Xbox360
2. When you lay the beat down on some dirty hippie using the ultra cheap Captain Commando, you can turn on the blue for player 1 or the red for player 2 broadcasting your victory to the world.
3. Across the room we have Rock Band setup and well..........
4. They look awesome.

Next are more light controls.  On the sound panel I have placed red power switches that can control four neon tubes both on the top and on the floor (red and blue) for as much or as little bling as you want.

Finally I made the keyboard shelf much longer than the last design and used quality casters.  They slide as if they were on a cloud and when shut, stays shut no matter how much you shake it.

The next thing to get worked on are my outstanding ledwiz controls and a few consoles that need setting up.  The software side of things never seem to be finished  ;)

Special thanks to fellow countryman Knievel for the original inspiration.  Go Jets!

-Beck

Oh, I have also been working on my mala  having made layouts, backgrounds, sounds and music for most of the game systems.  So I have made this all available on my site in the graphics section.  Please feel free to grab these for your own cab.  I hope to give a little back to you fine people.

Neverending Project

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2015, 10:07:43 pm
    • Arcade Fixer
Re: "The Arcade" new and improved!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:57:33 am »
Great look design, and beautiful cab. Nicely done!  :applaud:

And I like the beacons. Get a little YMCA playing and you've got yourself a party!

Side note: can anyone tell me why the third picture in the initial post has twice the views of the others? Hmm...  ??? Followed in a distant second by the control panel.

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
Re: "The Arcade" new and improved!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:15 pm »
Side note: can anyone tell me why the third picture in the initial post has twice the views of the others? Hmm...  ??? Followed in a distant second by the control panel.

It's funny but that happens every time someone has a pic with a fine looking woman in it. Just hilarious!  ;D
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN