Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MaLa using Wii Controller  (Read 1239 times)

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2024, 05:14:32 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
MaLa using Wii Controller
« on: January 01, 2008, 04:28:55 am »
Did you get a Wii for Xmas?  ;D

OK this vid is just for fun really as it does not seem like it has any real use, But I had fun for 30 mins     ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHP2F5dOb5U[/youtube]

On the net you can find lots of software for using the WII controller as a windows wireless bluetooth controller. I even found some Delphi source code so I could make a plug-in to do this if I really wanted to  :dunno

You want to play? read on:

The only bit I found to be a hassle was how to connect to it initially as a blue-tooth device.

1) Ensure the controller is not in range of your Wii console (or turn it off) as it will connect to it rather than you PC which is not what we want
2) On the Wii controller hit the 1 and 2 buttons at the same time. This will cause all 4 player LEDs at the bottom to flash. This is indicating that it is available to be found in with a Blue tooth scan
3) QUICKLY (before the LEDS stop flashing). Connect to it via your bluetooth software. Don't PAIR with it. Connect to it (see pictures attached)
4) Use the software you found on the net to use your wii controller as a windows device

It can do all sorts of sexy stuff. Have fun    :P
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:39:44 am by loadman »

BORIStheBLADE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2012, 10:53:59 pm
Re: MaLa using Wii Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:55:54 am »
Nice find.  :cheers: