Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cheapest multi board?  (Read 7433 times)

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: Cheapest multi board?
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 12:17:01 am »
Quote from: quarterback
Okay, so I have one of these motherboards, I have a hacked VGA cable and I have a couple arcade monitors.  My question is: how do I get all of this working?  Mainly, I guess, I'm interested in how to get the vid card working at 15KHz.

I presume (based on things like your DOS driver comment) that you're running DOS mame.  I haven't ever set up DOS mame before, but I could probably figure that part out with some work.  It's been a while since I've installed DOS, but I've got v6.something around here somewhere.   But how do you get the arcade monitor working at 15KHz through DOS?

Do you have some .ini files or DOS drivers or something that I could get from you (or you could point me to?) that'll get the video card working?   Also, are you able to boot up the machine at 15KHz, so even the BIOS startup screen is CGA safe?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is a new world to me.  My experience so far has all been through Win98 using MameWah and a 21" PC monitor.  Any specific pointers you can provide would be appreciated.
Thanks
qb

To get the arcade monitor modes working with DOS Mame, instead of 'monitor=standard' in mame.cfg, you have 'monitor=arcade'.

When it boots, yes, it's not a 15KHz signal.  So far it appears to be okay.  I'm using an Ultimarc video booster.  It's been said they don't halve the signal like a J-PAC does, but I get a split image.  No whiney complaints from the monitor, either.

The driver I was referring to was monarc.sys, which I THINK is available on the PC2JAMMA site.