Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PEZ theme arcade **update Oct 20**  (Read 2018 times)

DemonBrew

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2014, 06:05:50 am
PEZ theme arcade **update Oct 20**
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:17:15 am »
Finally decided on a theme for the cab, PEZ themed. My first cab, based on Saint's book / LuSiD design.

I'm thinking the side art will be the PEZ logo or look like the side of a PEZ dispenser. CP artwork will have the PEZ candies lined up as a border. I'm going with 2 joysticks, 7 buttons per player, 1 trackball. Mostly classic arcade games- the big 80's hits. I already got blue T-molding. Not sure on the paint colors, it'll be bright though. Like a PEZ candy wrapper.

Started construction, here's some pics. I'm actually further than the pics suggest - have the base and sides built. Bottom back panel and top are also in (more pics to come).

Things I've learned: it would have been better to cut similar pieces at the same time (clamp both cab sides together and cut at same time).

Two - even when you are the most careful, a table saw is a mean sun ovva beyotch. I had to get three stiches in my right index finger. Saw didn't get me - I was using the push stick. The block of wood flew back and smashed my finger. Knocked the push stick out of my hand. I got pics of that too for you crazy people.

You can see larger pics and read more on my site. http://www.kingofbigwheels.com/index.php?topic=arcade
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 01:08:50 pm by DemonBrew »
this space intentionally left blank

DemonBrew

• Offline Offline
Re: PEZ theme arcade
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:51:34 am »
'nother pic. This is a mock up of the cab. The sides are leaning against saw horses.

DaveMMR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 06:43:27 pm »
What you need to do is cut the top part off, put it on strong hinges, and have it so that everytime you lift it up, a big piece of sugary candy pops out.  :D

Looking nice so far, BTW.

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:49:08 pm »
What you need to do is cut the top part off, put it on strong hinges, and have it so that everytime you lift it up, a big piece of sugary candy pops out.
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:03:01 pm »
For those that don't visit the Everything Else forum...

(Thanks for the tip, Bones)

My Collection:
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 08:04:43 pm »
Good luck.  If you need pics or anything feel free to hit me up (though I'm sure there's plenty of stuff on the internet).
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

DemonBrew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 07:22:24 am »
DaveMMR: awesome idea. I was toying around with the top being the head in some fashion. Not sure I could pull it off with my first cab.

quarterback: Absolutely. I always wear eye protection, and am very careful. The cut is down the side of my finger, so didnt lose anything. I think I was being too careful - didn't hold down the piece of wood good enough. Too afraid to get close to the blade. Thanks!

shmokes: Yeah, any pics you got would be great. PM me or post a URL. Awesome. I'm not doing a coin door, so I'm thinking some of the classic PEZ ads would fit nicely, even if it is below eye level.

DemonBrew

• Offline Offline
Re: PEZ theme arcade **update Oct 20**
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 01:00:55 pm »
Almost finished the construction phase. Wired up a test CP, booted the PC. It works, mostly.

Forgot to install the sound drivers on the pc. Doh! And I forgot to get power to the trackball . Double whoops.

For some reason, the display is blurry. The games are fine, but small font sizes (like in Mamewah games list) are barely readable. Have to poke around with that.

Of course, I took pictures. They're still on the film, still in the camera. I'll get around to it. Too busy trying to play games on the cab.

Bought some more stuff - smart power strip, florescent light. It's coming along nicely.