Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pretty cool Forza 6 commercial  (Read 4422 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Pretty cool Forza 6 commercial
« on: September 13, 2015, 10:33:06 pm »
Paying homage to some of my favorite games:

Haven't bought a console since the original xbox, so never played Forza.
The bright colors of the commercial got me excited, but gameplay vids look drab like every other modern racer.
Is a bright blue sky really too much to ask for?  I see them in real life, so it's not going to destroy the realism.

EDIT: What is the second game?  I don't get that one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:46:25 pm by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:42:41 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Pretty cool Forza 6 commercial
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:22:52 am »
The second game is rc pro am on the NES.  A game M$ now owns thanks to the Rare buyout and ironically it's much better than Forza.  I really need to pick up the 30 games for 30 bucks rareware pack.  The irony of this commercial in general is the fact that all the games featured are decidedly in the arcade racer genre, especially chase hq.  M$'s marketing department can be clueless sometimes. 

I tried the forza horizion 2 demo a while back and it surprised me.  It swung a bit more on the arcadey side and to my surprise it was bright and colorful!  It wasn't that fun for me though because it's mostly tuned compacts.... I think it was another game with a ford focus in it.  (Why?)  I think the horizion series is some sort of spinoff though.  Maybe a true Forza fan can chime in?

I've did some preliminary tests trying to hack the xbox one's streaming interface but I haven't had any success.  It will allow you to play the games with a 360 or xbox one gamepad, but I wanted to hack it so you can use a wheel.  It should be possible even if one has to use a dummy dll.  I still can't get over how well games stream to windows 10. 

Boomslang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:17:14 am »
The second game is rc pro am on the NES.  A game M$ now owns thanks to the Rare buyout and ironically it's much better than Forza.  I really need to pick up the 30 games for 30 bucks rareware pack.  The irony of this commercial in general is the fact that all the games featured are decidedly in the arcade racer genre, especially chase hq.  M$'s marketing department can be clueless sometimes. 

I tried the forza horizion 2 demo a while back and it surprised me.  It swung a bit more on the arcadey side and to my surprise it was bright and colorful!  It wasn't that fun for me though because it's mostly tuned compacts.... I think it was another game with a ford focus in it.  (Why?)  I think the horizion series is some sort of spinoff though.  Maybe a true Forza fan can chime in?

I've did some preliminary tests trying to hack the xbox one's streaming interface but I haven't had any success.  It will allow you to play the games with a 360 or xbox one gamepad, but I wanted to hack it so you can use a wheel.  It should be possible even if one has to use a dummy dll.  I still can't get over how well games stream to windows 10.

you could try the cronusmax adapter. It will let you use any wheel with xbox one and it works via streaming (no force feedback tho)

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2024, 08:21:14 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 05:08:33 am »

Howard you are always thinking ahead of the curve dude. I too have been wondering if someone could potentially hack the streaming feature so wheels can be used. Would be awesome but it;s useless to me anyway since I won't be going to Windows 10 until the dinosaurs come back from the grave and proceed to re-roam the Earth.

Now if someone could make Xbox One streaming compatible with Windows 7, NOW we'd be talking!!!!!  :applaud: :cheers:

you could try the cronusmax adapter. It will let you use any wheel with xbox one and it works via streaming (no force feedback tho)

It's also pretty laggy from what I understand. But hopefully that can be remedied whenever they get their act together and release the *supposedly* new dongle that'll *supposedly* emulate FFB wheels for the consoles.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 06:06:20 am »
I used it briefly ages ago with Forza 5 with a xbox 360 wheel and it worked fine, No lag at all.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:39:06 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:45:07 am »
the horizon series is a spin off, much more arcadey and far less realistic, but more fun.  I have every forza game from xbox and 360, but I dont have an XBOX1 so I dont have that forza :/
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:32 am »
The second game is rc pro am on the NES. 

Ah I thought it looked NES-ey, but was trying to keep them chronological.

Whoever made the commercial knows the games well and which parts push people's buttons.  :)
They've done a good job of capturing very distinct things that made the games memorable.
There are certain elevation changes and turns that just made certain games what they were.
That final turn before the straight stretch next to the beach in Ridge Racer!  I love that turn!

Having a boot video on an emulator cab gets old fast, but I might have to stash this away somewhere for future use as a boot video.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:05:08 am by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »
I've been running windows 10 for a month now.  In terms of program compatibility and ease of use there is zero difference between it and 7 aside from an occasional minor performance boost on directx games.  The main difference is all those tasks where you had to download a third party app are now integrated into the OS.  One drive replaces drop box, you can now "cast to" any media compliant device on your network, ect ect.

Anyway, an adaptor is certainly a way to go, it's just that the input sent to the xb1 has to be that standard 8 byte protocol they've been using since the 360 days so if/when I find it, it should be rather trivial to send wheel data instead and take the rumble data and convert to force feedback.

lolomc2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2016, 08:42:17 am
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »
If I remember correctly, Forza on 1st gen of Xbox was able to run with three screens . How does it work with Xbox one ?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:43:13 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 06:11:10 pm »
That video was pretty awesome. I loved the Chase HQ and Ridge Racer references, but I'm kind of surprised there was no Sega love in there. A little nod to Outrun or Virtua Racing would've been cool.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »
Sega's team Nintendo now.  Microsoft spits in their general direction.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 09:28:37 pm »
Yeah, no license there.  I thought the colorful parts near the end(the actual gameplay) had a sega vibe, but they couldn't do anything specific.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 12:11:14 pm »
Sega's team Nintendo now.  Microsoft spits in their general direction.

Kind of ironic seeing as how the original Xbox was probably the closest thing to a Dreamcast 2.0 back in the day, what with the Sega exclusives that came out in it's early years. Now if only Sega and Nintendo would put their collective heads together properly and bring us a new F-Zero game...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 12:15:25 pm »
Well the commercial is also odd in the way Namco racers are prominently featured and detailed to the point to where they'd probably need to get permission (galaga playing on the tunnel scoreboard).  The thing is, Namco is also buddies with Nintendo now....  they actually make the Smash Bros. series. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 02:52:29 pm »
Well the commercial is also odd in the way Namco racers are prominently featured and detailed to the point to where they'd probably need to get permission (galaga playing on the tunnel scoreboard).

Yeah, I thought that too. Maybe they've got something worked out with Namco, like a hidden Seaside Route 765 course in the new Forza (unlikely I know, but it'd be pretty cool if it turned out to be true *cough* even though I hate sim racers *cough*)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »
Speaking of Forza 6:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103489&nm_mc=AFC-dealnews&cm_mmc=AFC-dealnews-_-NA-_-NA-_-N82E16874103489

If you buy a lot of stuff from Newegg anyway, that's 20 bucks off. 

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2024, 08:21:14 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »
Will you be buying Forza 6 now?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 12:41:07 am »
Eh I'll download the demo but I'm not super interested.

AlbertSanders

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2015, 01:02:07 am
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 12:40:12 am »
The trailer look really awesome.I played Forza 5 on xbox and I truly enjoy playing it.I will surely going to try this game and also interested in getting some new racing game and hence will acheter f1 2015 to enjoy a good racing games.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:58:37 am by AlbertSanders »