Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Grid 2 - $12 on Steam  (Read 3061 times)

Fursphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:07:31 am
Grid 2 - $12 on Steam
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »
About 28 hours left on the sale.

The game is also free for Playstation+ members this month as well on PS3

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
Re: Grid 2 - $12 on Steam
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:29:14 pm »
I paid full price cause I thought it would be like the first one. Nope! Still a pretty fun game. I dont have the space on my ps3..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:07:23 pm »
I still haven't hooked my PS3 up to my driving cabinet.  Probably should get around to that now that GT6 is out.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:35:47 pm »
I just saw that it was out, I didnt even know it was coming. I never heard any hype for it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2024, 08:21:14 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:59:05 am »
One of the best racing games I've played in my life, and I'm not even joking. Those of you who call yourselves "Sega Fans" need to buy GRID 2 ASAP, if only to have Codemasters prove to you that Sega aren't the only ones who can make cars that deliver their trademark "Powersliding" physics. I posted this earlier this year:

In case you're wondering how I feel about GRID 2, this is all I have to say....

After playing for a few hours last night, will simply say this:

I am someone who grew up playing purely arcade racing games like OutRun, Daytona USA, Virtua Racing, etc. I am a COMPLETE drifting, powersliding arcade racing nutjob! I can now say with conviction, that I get it! GRID 2 has some incredible drifting physics. Not quite up there with the likes of Ridge Racer V or OutRun 2 or anything like that, but it's still damn good!

The thing to remember people, is that this game is paying homage to the old Japanese arcade racers of the 90s like Daytona USA, where you HAD to drift in order to be fast around the track! Same thing in OutRun 2 and Ridge Racer. This game is Codemasters giving fans of those games a nod, and saying "Here guys, we too were fans of Daytona USA and Ridge Racer, so we wanted to give you our version of a good powersliding arcade game". And you know what? That's exactly what they did!

Those of you who've never experienced the glory days of Japanese racing games in arcades in the 90's cannot relate to this style of driving, so GRID 2 therefore feels foreign to you. If you are like me however, this game is right up your alley! I love love LOVE the fact that Codemasters made GRID 2 with this much emphasis on drifting! The more I drive the cars, the more I fall in love with the physics. It's 100% pure unadulterated ARCADE POWERSLIDING GOODNESS!

Don't listen to the haters CM, you did a good job with the handling in GRID 2. If anything, I think the cars could use even MORE drift
 type behavior, akin to the likes of  Ridge Racer 6 or OutRun 2006! Take a corner perfectly and by shifting the weight of the car the proper way and it's a very satisfying experience.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They clearly just don't get it. For those of you here at BYOAC who love arcade racers like Daytona USA etc, want your powersliding fix, and are mildly curious about GRID 2, all I can say is BUY IT!

Guys seriously don't even bother with any of those older Codemasters games at this point. Because trust me...GRID 2 is the only arcade racer you will need going forward.

Grid 2 is turning out to be a PHENOMENAL game!!!!!! The more I play it online the more fun I'm having. I'm now lvl 20 and have now bought some of the higher tier faster cars. The McLaren MP4 is a freakin' BEAST!!!!!!! Seriously, have any of you played Super GT/Scud Race from Sega lately? Y'know how the McLaren in that game feels? How it's super fast and very slippery? How just a small lift off the gas can starts to make the car slide? Well that is EXACTLY how the car feels in GRID 2! I mean like almost a carbon copy! I swear I feel like I'm playing Super GT 2/Scud Race 2 whenever I drive McLaren MP4 in GRID 2. So hard to tame but so rewarding when you pull off that perfect drift. The damn car soooo fast! I'm talking F-ZeroGX/OutRun 2 fast! Not kidding! The sense of speed in the game with the faster cars is out of this WORLD!!! I don't even know if I can go back to iRacing now after experiencing this. This is THE love letter to old Sega arcade racers if there ever was one.

HOLY ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- I am complete addicted to GRID 2 multiplayer!!!!!

The more I play this game the more I realize how much it feels like a cross between Daytona USA and Sega Rally on Tarmac. Y'know the second stage in Sega Rally? Well that is EXACTLY how GRID 2 feels and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is rally racing on street courses and it's fun fun FUN!!!!!! I've already won several races online and the feeling of drifting through city street courses and nailing that perfect corner with a smooth drift is SUBLIME!! The FFB is fantastic as well!!!

Seriously there are a LOT of haters of this game because they simply don't get it. People are even demanding a refund  :lol  But for those of us with a keen eye for what makes an arcade racer special, and have a passion for that Japanese style Daytona/Sega Rally-esque drift mechanic, then GRID 2 is right up our alley. Hell, you can even 4-1-4 shift to initiate a drift in this game just like Daytona I kid you not!  :dizzy:

Nuexzz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 01, 2023, 01:26:58 am
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 02:12:56 am »
No Friend .. I have the disease drag curves.
I'm sorry  :P
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:15:38 am by Nuexzz »

Dcpmark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2023, 11:28:10 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 05:04:26 pm »
Damn! Missed it....it's back to $50.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 05:24:40 pm »
I'm downloading it to be PS3 right now, which I'm going to try hooking up to my driving cab finally.

gpasko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2017, 03:13:46 pm
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 10:10:48 am »
I've been playing the DEMO over and over w/ the same car and track on my in-process cabinet build using my PS3.  It is awesome!  For me, it's a perfect balance of realism and arcade!  I love this game! 

One of the best racing games I've played in my life, and I'm not even joking. Those of you who call yourselves "Sega Fans" need to buy GRID 2 ASAP, if only to have Codemasters prove to you that Sega aren't the only ones who can make cars that deliver their trademark "Powersliding" physics. I posted this earlier this year:

In case you're wondering how I feel about GRID 2, this is all I have to say....

After playing for a few hours last night, will simply say this:

I am someone who grew up playing purely arcade racing games like OutRun, Daytona USA, Virtua Racing, etc. I am a COMPLETE drifting, powersliding arcade racing nutjob! I can now say with conviction, that I get it! GRID 2 has some incredible drifting physics. Not quite up there with the likes of Ridge Racer V or OutRun 2 or anything like that, but it's still damn good!

The thing to remember people, is that this game is paying homage to the old Japanese arcade racers of the 90s like Daytona USA, where you HAD to drift in order to be fast around the track! Same thing in OutRun 2 and Ridge Racer. This game is Codemasters giving fans of those games a nod, and saying "Here guys, we too were fans of Daytona USA and Ridge Racer, so we wanted to give you our version of a good powersliding arcade game". And you know what? That's exactly what they did!

Those of you who've never experienced the glory days of Japanese racing games in arcades in the 90's cannot relate to this style of driving, so GRID 2 therefore feels foreign to you. If you are like me however, this game is right up your alley! I love love LOVE the fact that Codemasters made GRID 2 with this much emphasis on drifting! The more I drive the cars, the more I fall in love with the physics. It's 100% pure unadulterated ARCADE POWERSLIDING GOODNESS!

Don't listen to the haters CM, you did a good job with the handling in GRID 2. If anything, I think the cars could use even MORE drift
 type behavior, akin to the likes of  Ridge Racer 6 or OutRun 2006! Take a corner perfectly and by shifting the weight of the car the proper way and it's a very satisfying experience.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They clearly just don't get it. For those of you here at BYOAC who love arcade racers like Daytona USA etc, want your powersliding fix, and are mildly curious about GRID 2, all I can say is BUY IT!

Guys seriously don't even bother with any of those older Codemasters games at this point. Because trust me...GRID 2 is the only arcade racer you will need going forward.

Grid 2 is turning out to be a PHENOMENAL game!!!!!! The more I play it online the more fun I'm having. I'm now lvl 20 and have now bought some of the higher tier faster cars. The McLaren MP4 is a freakin' BEAST!!!!!!! Seriously, have any of you played Super GT/Scud Race from Sega lately? Y'know how the McLaren in that game feels? How it's super fast and very slippery? How just a small lift off the gas can starts to make the car slide? Well that is EXACTLY how the car feels in GRID 2! I mean like almost a carbon copy! I swear I feel like I'm playing Super GT 2/Scud Race 2 whenever I drive McLaren MP4 in GRID 2. So hard to tame but so rewarding when you pull off that perfect drift. The damn car soooo fast! I'm talking F-ZeroGX/OutRun 2 fast! Not kidding! The sense of speed in the game with the faster cars is out of this WORLD!!! I don't even know if I can go back to iRacing now after experiencing this. This is THE love letter to old Sega arcade racers if there ever was one.

HOLY ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- I am complete addicted to GRID 2 multiplayer!!!!!

The more I play this game the more I realize how much it feels like a cross between Daytona USA and Sega Rally on Tarmac. Y'know the second stage in Sega Rally? Well that is EXACTLY how GRID 2 feels and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is rally racing on street courses and it's fun fun FUN!!!!!! I've already won several races online and the feeling of drifting through city street courses and nailing that perfect corner with a smooth drift is SUBLIME!! The FFB is fantastic as well!!!

Seriously there are a LOT of haters of this game because they simply don't get it. People are even demanding a refund  :lol  But for those of us with a keen eye for what makes an arcade racer special, and have a passion for that Japanese style Daytona/Sega Rally-esque drift mechanic, then GRID 2 is right up our alley. Hell, you can even 4-1-4 shift to initiate a drift in this game just like Daytona I kid you not!  :dizzy:

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »
I think the drifting in grid is better!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »
That sale is on again. Timer says there's a few hours left to grab it at that price.

Happy New Year everyobe :)

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 02:53:23 pm »
I had this in my cart but didn't pull the trigger.  Now that it is up to $49 I feel a bit of regret.  Looks like its left turns only for me in NASCAR 2013.

gpasko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2017, 03:13:46 pm
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »
I had this in my cart but didn't pull the trigger.  Now that it is up to $49 I feel a bit of regret.  Looks like its left turns only for me in NASCAR 2013.

I just bought the PS3 version.  If it goes on sale again I'd be tempted to buy the PC version for a future PC build.  Great game!  Great sounds and controls!  Whatever system you have I highly recommend buying it!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »

I just bought the PS3 version.  If it goes on sale again I'd be tempted to buy the PC version for a future PC build.  Great game!  Great sounds and controls!  Whatever system you have I highly recommend buying it!

DAMN STRAIGHT  :cheers:

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Re: Grid 2 - $5.99 on Steam
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 09:15:16 am »