Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Using XBOX 360 Pad For Racing Games?  (Read 877 times)

lettuce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
Using XBOX 360 Pad For Racing Games?
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »
Is there a way to setup a 360 pad so you can use the triggers as brake and accelerator like console racing games? As if i try and configure the triggers mame See both the left and right trigger as Z Axis, so when i try and accelerate im also braking as well. Does anyone have a work around for this?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:06:22 pm
Re: Using XBOX 360 Pad For Racing Games?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:17:43 pm »
Is there a way to setup a 360 pad so you can use the triggers as brake and accelerator like console racing games? As if i try and configure the triggers mame See both the left and right trigger as Z Axis, so when i try and accelerate im also braking as well. Does anyone have a work around for this?

In MAME's in game menu, there is an option to invert the pedals.  Sounds like one or the other need inverted.
There is usually a calibration in the game's service menu.  It's helpful to watch the input test screen in the game's service menu while you mess with the settings in the MAME menu.

Don't forget to change the deadzone in mame.ini
The default is .3 (30%)
.03 or .05 is more like it.

Also, don't ever map anything to PEDAL INC or PEDAL DEC.
Those are for if you are using buttons and don't have analog controls.
If you map an analog control to it, the game will behave the same as if using a button.