Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Noob I-PAC 2 Shift key to ESC question  (Read 1287 times)

ericlecarde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 09:44:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Noob I-PAC 2 Shift key to ESC question
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:32 pm »
Ok, I really tried to figure this out and keep doing the same thing over and over and cant get anywhere with it.

All I need is my "P1-Start" and "P2-Start" button (When pressed together) to trigger the ESC key. This seems incredible simple but I really cant figure it out. I keep assigning the ESC key to the shifted P1 Start button but cant assign the P2 Start button to trigger the shifted action :(

I would really appreciate the help on how to set this up. Thanks for any help you can give, I'm basically down to ordering some buttons to add a physical ESC key If I can t get this working.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: Noob I-PAC 2 Shift key to ESC question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:02:42 am »

The default setting on the I-PAC is for P1 Start to be the I-PAC shift, not P2 Start.

You can have P2 start as shift if you want to, but why not stick with the standard and make it P1 Start? Then assign P2 Start in the lower (blue) half of the table to be ESC.

You could simply load the default back in. The default maps are in the "templates" folder in the WinIPAC install folder.

Andy

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:41:50 am
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 05:15:18 pm »
I was gonna say "doesnt it do that by default?"

Load the standard config, then just hold P1 start and tap P2 start, BOOM! escape
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:52:32 pm by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

ericlecarde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 09:44:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »
Thanks again, that resolved my issue. I must have cleared the default settings when I programmed the ipac. I think my trouble was not programming the board before testing to see if the shift was working. I was going in circles, lol. Thanks again guys.