Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade related website project - Community Feedback Needed  (Read 2296 times)

forty4420

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2016, 12:52:32 am
Arcade related website project - Community Feedback Needed
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:02:30 pm »

The project is located @ www.arcadefind.com

I have been working this site for a little while now, that I hope to launch soon. It's a bit of a mix between a classifieds site as well a link directory with a little rss news feeding tossed in for fun..
The idea is that you the user can:

1. Find & sell your arcade equipment (everything from vintage stand ups to consoles).
2. List your website & or favorite websites to the link directory.
3. If you are producer of news you can also get your news posted to the site as well...
4. This is where you come in...

I need ideas..Complaints..Thoughts..Anything..  ??? You are the type of people that will be useing the site so you will be the ones best to tell me what is missing. BTW If you site or feed is already on the site & you wanted it updated or removed just send me a pm or something... I'm very open to anyfeed back I can get so fire away.. Also be sure to submit a web link or a test ad.. I'm setting it to let ads be posted without permissions for a while to help with beta testing....

EDIT: Forgot to set it to free posting for a few....It's on now...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:49:37 pm by forty4420 »

forty4420

• Offline Offline
Re: Arcade related website project - Community Feedback Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:58 am »
Any ideas guys? I'm starting to think maybe the site really sucks due to the huge responce...If thats the case let me know...Tell me what you would like to see or not see..I'd like this site workout since there really isn't any/many dedicated arcade classifieds sites...Seemed like a good idea at the time anyway..

Anything?

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2024, 11:25:23 am
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:07:41 am »
It's a good idea but may already be covered by the Buy/Sell forum over at KLOV.  You can get pretty much anything there if you look hard enough.  I do like your map feature and I'm sure there is lots you can do better than just a forum.  I don't know.  Publicity is the hardest part - for it to work you need a lot of users.  I do know that I'm already interested in your gutted Pac-Man for $50!  Too bad I have no room for it.  ;D

forty4420

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:31:27 am »
It's a good idea but may already be covered by the Buy/Sell forum over at KLOV.  You can get pretty much anything there if you look hard enough.  I do like your map feature and I'm sure there is lots you can do better than just a forum.  I don't know.  Publicity is the hardest part - for it to work you need a lot of users.  I do know that I'm already interested in your gutted Pac-Man for $50!  Too bad I have no room for it.  ;D

Yes clearly there are a few different outlets to buy & sell arcades. Most of them being site like this & as you pointed out KLOV. They are both great sites & between the two you can find just about anything arcade related.
  This is exactly why I was hoping I might have found a middle ground by not only sticking to just Full Size arcades, but adding in consoles and such as well.  I'm hoping the mix will bring users from all types of arcading.. With the right users the site could be the next craigslist for players to find games & such.. I hope to have a relationship of sorts with other related sites that might be used for traffic sharing/advertizing..
  There comes another problem...cost..Since the site clearly wont be generating an income, I will have to pay out for anything like google ad's etc.. So I'm really hoping to get some type of banner swaping program or something of the like..

syph007

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2014, 04:30:03 pm
  • With a router big enough, we can shape the world!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:47 am »
The only comment I have is that I hate sites with black backgrounds, so I'd never go there.  Bothers my eyes, not sure if that's just me or not though.

forty4420

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:17 am »
The only comment I have is that I hate sites with black backgrounds, so I'd never go there.  Bothers my eyes, not sure if that's just me or not though.

I can setup other themes & prob even allow the user to pick what they want to use...I'll keep my eye out for something I like in lite colors as well..