Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nice Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World Pinball Score (and not the points kind!)  (Read 2150 times)

melarky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 12:49:22 pm
  • If I could be any animal, I would be a llama
I scored a nice Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World pinball yesterday (it's the smaller redemption style, but still fun).  Someone listed it locally on the classifieds as a "parts machine" and asked for best offer.  When I called him on the phone, he told me the machine turned on and played, but it did not advance levels (you play through 7 or 8 levels by hitting targets etc...).  When I asked him what he was hoping to get out of it he said "I'd be happy if I could get $50 out of it...".  I agreed to the price (trying not to let him know I had just wet my pants with excitement) and went and picked it up last night.  It's totally fun, but I'm sure many wouldn't really classify it as a true pinball because of it's size, but my kid loves it (he kept saying "Thanks dad!" and "This is for boys, not for dada's..." while we were setting it up).

The arcade flyer for it is at http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&db=pinballdb&id=884

melarky

• Offline Offline
I forgot to mention that my wife called me at work today and told me she got to the next level (so it seems to be working fine, maybe the last owner was just no good at the game :)

JeepMonkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2012, 01:51:24 pm
Congrats on the score.  That is a neat looking little machine.

Was is made for/around a particular Mario game?  Super Mario 3 maybe?
Pins:  Theatre Of Magic, JP The Lost World, Revenge From Mars

melarky

• Offline Offline
It's sort of a mix of both Super Mario Bros 3 for NES and Super Mario World for SNES.  Much of the art is from SMB3 (frog suit, racoon suit etc...) while many of the sound effects and music is from SMBW.  It's great.  There is lot's of voice, and this is before Super Mario 64 when they standardized marios sound samples, so it's probably some Gottlieb factory worker using a really insensitive stereotypical italian voice yelling "HOLY MACARONI!" and stuff.

I know lots of people say they don't like this machine because of it's diminished size, but I think it's a blast.  I'm way happy with it, and feel it has tons to do (I love the video mode on the dot matrix, my wife finally jumped over the ghost last night).  I guess if I had paid full price I would probably feel differently, but as it is, I'm really glad I got this machine (wish I was home playing it right now :)

Jeff AMN

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 05:26:24 pm
    • Gamer Theory
Does your ticket mech work? Mine does, but when I picked it up they gave me a roll of tickets to go with it, and the name needs the tickets in the brick form. Funny that we've got two of these machines within 50 miles of each other and it's such a rare find.
http://www.CoinOpShippers.com - The lowest rates on pinball and arcade shipping in the USA.
http://GamerTheory.com - Video Game News, Reviews, Editorials, and Contests
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/ - The Pinball Podcast - Two Pinheads Talking Pinball

melarky

• Offline Offline
Does your ticket mech work? Mine does, but when I picked it up they gave me a roll of tickets to go with it, and the name needs the tickets in the brick form. Funny that we've got two of these machines within 50 miles of each other and it's such a rare find.

I don't know if mine works, I should go get some tickets and test it out.  I'm waiting for a few parts to come (ring kit and new flippers etc...).  I'd really love to get a bunch of led bulbs to replace the lights, but I haven't gone through yet to see which ones I need.  I was hoping those sites would have a kit already set up for it (wishful thinking) but they don't.