Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chicagoland - Kiddieland  (Read 4459 times)

Dartful Dodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
Chicagoland - Kiddieland
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:54:13 pm »

KIDDIELAND AMUSEMENT PARK
an 81-year Chicagoland Tradition
Melrose Park, IL

Tuesday, November 24th at 10:00 am

I worked here through H.S., it didn't have an arcade, but it had a few redemption games.  I'm going to see if I can buy a piece of an institution I grew up with.  I went there as a kid, worked there as a teen and brought my niece there as an adult.

I was planning on not posting about this, because I didn't want any competition in bidding on useless novelty crud, but as it gets closer I realize that being outbid on something like a 6 foot high fiberglass clown face wouldn't be a bad thing.

Whether or not I buy something it should be an interesting auction.

flashiv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2019, 03:58:34 pm
Re: Chicagoland - Kiddieland
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:16 pm »
Quote "I was planning on not posting about this, because I didn't want any competition in bidding on useless novelty crud, but as it gets closer I realize that being outbid on something like a 6 foot high fiberglass clown face wouldn't be a bad thing."

Dartful, novelty crud is never useless, LOL.  Everyone needs a 6 foot high fiberglass clown face, now if I can just convince the GF to put it in the bedroom.  :laugh2:

I'll be at Milwaukee, Wisconsin BUY ARCADE AND PINBALL AUCTION!http://www.superauctions.com/home.html this Sat. and The Chicagoland™ Antique Advertising, Slot-Machine & Jukebox Show http://www.chicagolandshow.com/ this Sun.

It'll be my first arcade auction ever - I hope they are gentle.  :lol

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
Re: Chicagoland - Kiddieland
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:21:30 pm »
It was a waste of time, unless you were in the market for a merry-go-round.

It was as if anything that could fit into the backseat of a car was already taken.  I think the owner must have let his friends and relatives go through the place before the auction.

All the small(er) things were being sold out in lots, so if you wanted a 7 foot high silluete of a clown you'd have to buy 20 of them.

The arcade was bare, all they had as one sit-down racing game, and two basketball hoop redemption games.

I got there at 8 for the preview.  the only thing worth staying for was some of the power tools they had in their machine shop, I went out for breakfast and I was going to return just to see what things were going for and try and bid on a drill press or lathe table, but when I returned an hour later the parking lot was full.  It looked busier than it did when it was actually open.  I didn't feel like standing out in the rain to try and bid against other idiots like me who where just there to bid on worthless crap.  Since there were so many people I assumed the worthless crap would end up costing an arm and a leg.