Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: *SOLVED* Chassis/Arcade VGA Breakout Cable Question  (Read 1881 times)

urbecrisch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2024, 08:05:57 pm
  • I was the S**T back in '82
*SOLVED* Chassis/Arcade VGA Breakout Cable Question
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:03:39 am »
Ok here goes:  I just picked up a monitor from a local guy to replace a bad monitor in my Mame cab.  The monitor was pulled from a Golden Tee which was converted from some fighting game.  The sticker on the front says wgr2500-u4ts21j.  I did some research and realize the chassis is a Nanao MS8-26A / SU 15-25K from this website http://www.jomac.net.au/MS8-26A-SU.JPG .  The power from the isolation transformer plugs in perfect, however; the breakout cable from my Arcade VGA card seems to be the wrong size (see pic).  Also, my old monitor had a 9 pin connector (see pic) on the chassis and the new monitor chassis has 6 pins for red,gr,br,gr,v & h sync (see pic).  Am I right about the position of the breakout cable (see pic)?

What size molex and pins do I need to rewire my breakout cable to plug into this new chassis?

Would the wires read RED,GREEN,BROWN,GROUND,EMPTY,WHITE(v/h syc)?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:52:48 pm by urbecrisch »

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
Re: Chassis/Arcade VGA Breakout Cable Question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 11:20:35 am »
When i'm needing to know what size i'll need, i just bring the cables in to my local electronics store. They'll be able to size them up in store so there's no guess work involved.

urbecrisch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:44:13 pm »
When i'm needing to know what size i'll need, i just bring the cables in to my local electronics store. They'll be able to size them up in store so there's no guess work involved.

Unfortunately I cannot bring in the chassis to get the correct size.  It's the pins on the chassis I'm confused about, not my actual breakout cable.

DillonFoulds

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2019, 05:04:44 am
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:15:29 pm »
Got an electronic caliper then maybe? You could just measure then pin, print out a picture and bring that in? Either that or pick up a handful of assorted female Bullet terminals/banana plugs, and hope some fit.

Just pitching some ideas out there.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:18:06 pm by DillonFoulds »

urbecrisch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:52:24 pm »
I was able to use a 12 pin connector that I cut in half and then wired up to connect the VGA.  Works fine :)