Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Act Labs Light Gun  (Read 2369 times)

hawkeye06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2009, 02:49:54 pm
Act Labs Light Gun
« on: July 11, 2009, 01:22:28 am »
Hello,

I just installed a new act labs usb light gun via VGA.  It works great with some light gun games. However, there are a few that have a reticule that is supposed to move with the movement of the lightgun.  So games like steel gunner I can only shoot straight in front of me. How do I make the reticule move?

Thank you!

TOK

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:14:24 pm
  • The Game Always Wins
Re: Act Labs Light Gun
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:53:44 am »
Some gun games aren't light gun games at all, but guns attached to base that functions like a joystick.
I've never played Steel Gunners, but it appears to be that type of game... Operation Wolf and Terminator 2 are also examples of this.

I'm not sure about the workaround, but offer the info to try and get you on the right track. Does the Act Labs driver mimic mouse input? If so, you should be able to get the positional gun games to work with it.

hawkeye06

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:15:43 am »
Hi, Thanks for the reply.  It doesn't have a driver.  It is just supposed to be usb plug and play.  Also if I turn the target reticule on in a game isn't it supposed to move to where I point the gun at? If I press the trigger the target reticule then moves to the position on the screen.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 11:51:20 am »
There is no way for the program to tell where you are pointing your light gun until you pull the trigger and the screen flashes.  That is when the aiming point is established.   Other guns are only positional joysticks so the program can track your gun and move the aiming point. 

hawkeye06

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 02:46:35 pm »
I know the guncon2 operate like a "positional joystick" Is there a way to make the actlab one work in a similar way?  They are very similar hardware correct?  One just uses a driver and the other does not?