Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: xloby and covers issue  (Read 3657 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:25:12 pm
xloby and covers issue
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:13:30 pm »
Hey guys thanks for reading, im triyng out Orions wonderfull skin for xloby, it works like a charm, but i only have one issue, i have over 3000 albums im my music collection, and xloby does not seems to see the covers, in every folder i have a file named cover.jpg lets say i got nirvana nervemind album and inside that folder i have a file named cover.jpg, every other juckebox software seems to work fine, but not xloby, and i think it would take long time for xloby to download over 3000 cover, any help would be apreciated, thanks.

Hewskie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2018, 02:45:42 am
Re: xloby and covers issue
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:56:59 pm »
I had that exact same problem but never came up with a solution. If you open the "music" database you can assign a jpg to each album 1 by 1. That's what I ended up doing. It only took me a few hours because I only have about 500 albums. I probably would have searched harder for a solution if i were in your shoes with 3000+ albums.

Good luck, and if you can find out how to do it please post,

maybe orion knows?

Hewskie

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:35 pm »
AY AY AY, bad news for me, i been searching alot and nothing comes out..... wish me luck

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:10:58 am »
Some software might only support the Windows Media Player scheme, which omly using folder.jpg (which is for some mystery reason hidden and sometimes got overwritting) and not cover.jpg.

more more jukebox can do select which fileextension to been used (my own software use folder.jpg, cover.jpg or first jpg found).

I could easy example in blitzmax (its really a easy basic language) create a little application to rename or copy the files from cover.jpg to folder.jpg which I belive should work, but you need to let Explorer show system files and search for folder.jpg and delete them all first.
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 09:17:31 am »
OK I think I might have an idea as to what is going on with your music database. Try this, go to "Xlobby set up" then select "databases". Next select the "import" tag and then under "template" select music. At the bottom of this screen you will see a check box for "ignore folders". Make sure this is NOT checked. Next thing you will need to do will be to go back to "basic" (huh... that's funny!) and import your music path again. If you need any more info, see this thread http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6503&p=46338&hilit=+cover+art#p46338

Let me know if this works for you guys! Hewskie, sorry you went though all that trouble, that sounds like it was a pain! Just as an FYI, I have mine set up the way that I do because I like to embed my album art in my MP3's.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:42:44 am by orion »

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 04:23:25 pm »
OK I think I might have an idea as to what is going on with your music database. Try this, go to "Xlobby set up" then select "databases". Next select the "import" tag and then under "template" select music. At the bottom of this screen you will see a check box for "ignore folders". Make sure this is NOT checked. Next thing you will need to do will be to go back to "basic" (huh... that's funny!) and import your music path again. If you need any more info, see this thread http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6503&p=46338&hilit=+cover+art#p46338

Let me know if this works for you guys! Hewskie, sorry you went though all that trouble, that sounds like it was a pain! Just as an FYI, I have mine set up the way that I do because I like to embed my album art in my MP3's.

you are my hero , thanks,

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:24:33 am »
You are quite welcome  :)