Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Williams Gulfstream My First Pin, Statrted Having Tilt Issue  (Read 4089 times)

digitaldj

• Trade Count: (0)
Williams Gulfstream My First Pin, Statrted Having Tilt Issue
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:23:06 pm »
My first Pin was working but sometime after my son was playing it we are getting tilt issue and there is a motor with cams and switches that keeps running. I have looked inside and there looks like a couple of things missing, but it worked before. For one there is a small rail with a switch on the end that lloks like it should something that would move back and forth but is not there. There is also a verticle bracket that looks like something should fit in there and the bracket at the top and bottom have wires running to it. I am thinking something set off the tilt, not sure if my son did it but I'm not sure how to reset it. I did try but nothing seems to work so there may be a real problem.

Any Help is a appreciated!
Thanks,
Kevin

digitaldj

Re: Williams Gulfstream My First Pin, Statrted Having Tilt Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:30:55 pm »
Yes I chacked the tilt etc. out on the web and yes should be no big deal.

Here is the scenario I have going on.

1. Lights on
2. Motor running
3. Tilt light on
4. No numbers trying to cycle
5. checked playing field for hungup shitches and nothing
6. One rely in back cycling with motor(which is probably normal)

I would be ok with a schematic, I undestand relay logic.

I will check it out further!

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:32:30 pm by digitaldj »

digitaldj

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »
Could it be that when I got it the score was at 14000 or such and when reset it didn't go all the way back to 0. The score is now at 80 somehow!

Thanks,
Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:35 pm »
Sorry for the many posts!

Do you know whwere I can get a manual? I've only found one place and thier out at the moment.

Thanks,
Kevin

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2024, 11:26:01 pm
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »
Check that the tilt parts you mentioned don't have wires just dangling and accidentally making contact with anything. The vertical thing is a plumb bob (well, there's should be a plum bob, yours might be missing) and it dangles and when it moves enough to make contact with the round part around the "stem" that closes the circuit and a tilt is detected. If the wires related to that are touching metal, that would cause a tilt.
NO MORE!!

digitaldj

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:29:12 pm »
There is no Tilt ball or mechanism in there, some has taken it out. I checked the playing field switches tonight and couldn't find any stuck.

I will give the manual method on the 8 a try!

I did finally find a book and schematic.

Thanks Guys!
Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 10:36:23 pm »
Got it! That was it that it didn't go back to zero. What would have caused it not to reset all the way?

digitaldj

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 10:44:27 am »
Since this is a single player and doesn't have the coin changer to set play length how do you reset the game to start over or when does it time out?

digitaldj

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:09:44 pm »
I think it is set for 5 balls. So it should reset back to all zeros on the score when game is over correct? I want to check this out to make sure it goes back or find out why it doesn't like before. I think my son was playing it before when it was supposed to reset because he told me that it wasn't working correctly.

Thanks Jim you have been a great help!

Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
Hopefully this is not a stupid quiestion!

Since it doesn't have a coin changer what inializes a new game or how do I start a new game?

StephenH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2023, 06:15:45 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:31 pm »

digitaldj

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:17 pm »
Hello Guys,

I've been busy on cleaning up the pin. I have everything working very nice except for the 10's score resest. Tonight I found that the one leaf switch wasn't making contact until the 10's reset so I adjusted the switch. That seemed to fix the problem but now it won't come on, really wierd. I don't think I moved any other sitches on the tens score reel. The only way I can get it to come on is to manually push the reset relay over but it still won't let you restart a new game. What the heck did I do? Like I say I only adjust the one leaf switch on the 10's score reel.

Thanks,
Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 09:54:55 pm »
Well I found the left flipper button turns on the lights, but I still can't get it to reset to play a game!

Thanks,
Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »
Did some reading on the EM website listed above and found that the credits wheel is not set to freeplay, so this was the problem. I reset it back to zero and it is back to working great. I now have a the problems fixed that I had when I got it!

Kevin

digitaldj

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 09:00:43 pm »
WHAT?

Is there issues that you would like to talk about, maybe I can help! Go ahead i'm listening. :laugh2:

:cheers: