Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: <K7000> Wells Gardner Problems (UK)  (Read 3313 times)

kami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2009, 05:47:49 pm
<K7000> Wells Gardner Problems (UK)
« on: May 06, 2009, 11:02:55 am »
Hi guys, my first post, unfortunatly it's because I have problems  :-[

I have just lost the colour red on my monitor,  :angry:
The chassis is a Wells Gardner but I'm unsure of the model (It has WG 836270 part number). I have cross referenced my board with everyone of the sites mentioned on this forum along with the WG site, some look similair but not  exact. (Looked like a K7000)
 Its in a Killer Instict Cab but I couldnt say if its original. having a spare untested chassis lying around I swapped the neck board but red was still missing. I then tried the swapping main chassis but my untested spare blows the onboard fuse.
So I have,
1 which blows the main fuse
1 which has no red

I will attach pics of the chassis, hopefully someone can identify it, which can get the ball rolling

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kami
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:00:44 pm by kami »

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: <Unknown> Wells Gardner Problems (UK)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:06:28 pm »
That's a K7000 for sure.

You can swap two color inputs to verify if it's the monitor or the game board.
So swap say the Blue and Red.....the picture will look wrong color wise, but it tells you if the board is outputing color.
So if you swap them and still see blue, then your red line is still putting out a signal from the board.
If you now see any red, then that means your monitor is fine, but the board is not.

Check the solder joints around the video input connector closely, they tend to crack and you could loose a color or sync, etc.

I also marked the section of the circuit board that runs the color input.
Sometimes that IC will go bad and you could loose a color like that.

And unless you have a tube tester/rejuvinator handy it's a bit harder to test the tube itself. But these other little tests will narrow that down. (swapping color inputs and solder joints)
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

kami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2009, 05:47:49 pm
Re: <Unknown> Wells Gardner Problems (UK)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:00:10 pm »
Thanks for your help, I'll check all of these out and post back.

Cheers
Kami