Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LCD and above to replace CRT monitors  (Read 15242 times)

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2024, 08:39:43 am
  • Intellivision Rocks!
Re: LCD and above to replace CRT monitors
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2009, 01:10:20 pm »
I am sorry that you took it as a personal attack.  It wasn't intended that way, hence the little sarcastic devil.  

IMHO you got so worked up about "stuff" that your postings started to ramble.  I was asking what you were trying to convey and, obviously, it wasn't taken the way I intended.

In my defense, I think if you go back and look at how replies were constructed and can take out the information contained within (whether it applies or not is immaterial), I think it's very confusing and lacked focus.  You can pick out tidbits in various posts that are clear, but the overall message got lost.  It's understandable why it happened, but I'm simply saying it lacked clarity.  

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2009, 01:18:05 pm »
Oh wow that cleard that up completely.

So let me get this straight.  

I think a LCD's are superior to CRT so...I've yet to see a cogent posting from you that conveys a single thought working towards a particular goal.

I think Games look play better on LCD's..I've yet to see a cogent posting from you that conveys a single thought working towards a particular goal.

I think Programmers didn't account for each and everything nuance of a CRT monitor so..I've yet to see a cogent posting from you that conveys a single thought working towards a particular goal.

Yes it was a personal attack and you can try to dress it up anyway you like.   You have done it in the past, and this is just one more example.   If someone doesn't think like you then they must be wrong.   Thye must be devoid of a "single thought working towards a particular goal".

Your "joke" wasn't appreciated.   Did I seem like I did?   If I would have told you I was offended would you have took it back...hell no.   You would do like you do now, blame me for not taking it the supposed right way instead of recognizing it for what it was.   A snide remark that was completely uncalled for.

If you had any guts you would admit your obvious crap behavior and issue the apology.   At least I am man enough to do it.   Of course certain people don't even give me an aknowledgement when I do reach out a hand.   Even more spineless behavior.

Actually, when I read Hoopz' post, I was wondering the same thing as him and was glad I wasn't alone in trying to figure out what you were getting at.

Your posts were all over the place at that time, jumping back and forth between different topics.

You take people disagreeing with you as an insult. It wasn't until I called you "bat ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- insane" that I'd finally said something that qualifies, though I was accused before that.

Why am I letting this fool bother me?

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:36 pm »
Does anyone know what GeneSim's native language is?  Seriously.  I've only encountered one or two others who type in the fashion he types...   :dunno
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 04:55:06 pm
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:43 pm »
Thread's dead Jim.
--- John St.Clair