Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex MTC-900 Version Differences (Cap list)  (Read 4268 times)

ken_cinder

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2010, 10:38:18 pm
Hantarex MTC-900 Version Differences (Cap list)
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:11 pm »
My MTC-900 has a different deflection board than the one in cap kits/lists I have found/been given.
It has a deflection board with "D.S. (3)" screened on it, the referenced one in kits/lists appears to be "D.S. (1)".

Some minor cap differences that I made note of, and made up my own cap list based on the manual I have and my chassis I pulled earlier.
The East-West, Power Supply and Interface boards are the same, it's only the deflection board that is different.

Deflection Board Differences:

C32 - D.S. (1) has an elecrolytic, D.S. (3) it is a ceramic disc cap.

C98 - D.S. (1) has an electrolytic, D.S. (3) this cap number doesn't exist at all in the manual or on the board.

C55 - D.S. (1) is 10uF 25v according to list, D.S. (3) is 22uF 16v according to manual AND cap already on my board.

C72/C97 - D.S. (1) is 47uF 250v, D.S. (3) is 47uF 200v according to manual and my board (I'd use a 250v here anyway, it can't hurt)

C33 - D.S. (1) is 1000uF 35v, D.S. (3) is 100uF 35v according to manual and my board.

C60 - D.S. (1) is 2200uF 16v, D.S. (3) is 1000uF 16v according to manual and my board.

My board works fine, but has usual "needs a cap kit" issues with some color issues and waviness, that takes a good 20 minutes to go away (Though not 100%).
The manual I have has a D.S. (3) board pictured and outlined.
The 900 cap list I was given in German(?) has pictures of a D.S. (1) deflection board.

I'd trust the manual that matches mine, as well as all the caps already installed that are within spec to the manual, so I'm obviously going with it and my list over the D.S. (1) that doesn't match and in one case a cap doesn't even exist on my board.

Below are links for the D.S. (1) cap list, the D.S. (3) manual (Italian) and the list I made from that manual and checking my board for the D.S. (3) board.
All other boards are identical between the two "versions" and all caps are the same.
Hope this helps anyone in the same situation as me, as I found no kits/lists regarding the D.S. (3) boards.
Italian Manual RAR'ed in 2 parts, could not get it uploaded anywhere otherwise for some reason.

D.S. (3) Cap List

D.S. (1) Cap List

D.S. (3) Manual Part 1

D.S. (3) Manual Part 2

If you can host these somewhere, please do, I hate these file hosting services.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 04:20:07 pm by IJTF_Cinder »
Wanted - TMNT artwork (CPO, Sideart, and Marquee)
Aero Fighters artwork (CPO and sideart)

Items for sale ChaseTheChuckWagon Vendazzle

ken_cinder

• Offline Offline
Re: Hantarex MTC-900 Version Differences (Cap list)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:38:04 pm »
Just an FYI, I capped mine today following my list. It's all good.

I still have a "wave" problem, that I'm hoping is caused by the ancient 330uF 250v Axial cap I didn't replace on the power board (Can't find any locally). It looks like it's original, from 1981.........so yeah.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 04:53:04 pm »
Good and interesting info, thanks !

That list is indeed German. Created by my friend Andreas (www.andysarcade.de)

Made a link in my Hantarex 900/900E thread to this....

I'm pretty sure there are a number of differences on both models. I've got a couple and I also have one with a different board. I'd have to check which one though...I need to cap both as well. I've got waviness on the right side of one (but it's a "fixed" wave.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:59:00 pm by Level42 »

ken_cinder

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »
I'm going to send my list to Bob, if he cares to put a kit together.

I bought a 900/E kit thinking it was for both, since all his entries with "/" mean it's for multiple items.

There are a bunch of leftovers from that kit, but beyond the big 330 the only caps I was missing were two 22uf 16v caps.
If you need a kit for a DS3, it will work out cheaper to buy his 900/E kit, than buying a 900 kit elsewhere as there would be more caps you're missing.

speleo_de

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2014, 09:26:59 am
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:50 am »
If you can host these somewhere, please do, I hate these file hosting services.

I've downloaded then and will host them at andysarcade.de
speleo_de