Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Use a different MAME binary for a bunch of games (or for a driver). HELP.  (Read 1084 times)

Stormrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2014, 11:01:54 am
I'm trying to figure out how to do this: I'd like MALA to use a different version of MAME for m72.c games I've found some threads about this, but now the new versions of MALA seem to have add more features as regard the command line. I suppose it's easy to tell MAME to run these games with certain options using the command line addition feature, but what I need is to use a different MAME binary. Another idea I have is to add my mugen game to the game list and use MALA to launch it, like a normal MAME game. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanx.

PD: I've read the sticky thread about this, but I cannot download the attached zips. I'm logged, wha's wrong? It happens to me with all attachments.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:00:15 am by Stormrider »

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
Apparently the server has been having problems with downloads.

You could either make a batch file that would choose which version of mame to run based on the rom name, or you could use MultiMAME, which is very configurable as to what it runs and how it runs it. That's what I'm using to run a different version of mame for the few games that need it, and to run daphne as though the daphne games are mame games (i.e. mala thinks those games are part of the mame emulator, so they are in the same game list).

You should be able to find some details on either approach by searching this forum, and MultiMAME has a web site that will tell you most of what you need to know.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup