Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: t-molding.com from UK  (Read 6388 times)

markc74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 11:38:06 pm
  • Flipping out
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137295.0.html
t-molding.com from UK
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:22 am »
I'm based in the sunny UK and ordered 40 feet of orange T-moulding from t-moulding.com last thursday.

Delivery came today from the states (6 days).  Cheapest place around £25 including delivery.

Would definately recommend and use again as they've got an excellent range of sizes and colours. (especially if buying from the UK)

boomstick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 04:35:07 pm
    • James Clay Photography
Re: t-molding.com from UK
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:49:52 pm »
Well, living in the UK and just starting my first cab after making a few mock-up CP's, I now know where i'll be getting my T-Molding from!

That sounds like a real First Class service! Will be placing my order soon.

Out of interest, have you sourced a slot cutting router bit yet, if so where from? I know t-molding.com do them, but wonder if you know of a reasonabley priced source in the UK.  The only few uk sites i've found, they are exorbitant when compared to prices i see for US hardware stores
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:53:41 pm by boomstick »

markc74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 11:38:06 pm
  • Flipping out
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137295.0.html
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »
Glad it helps!

Im pretty sure i got my slot cutter from there too. You're right about them being expensive in the uk. About £20 when I looked about a year ago. You could always try screwfix as well as they tend to be quite reasonable.

Bonesaw Ownage

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2011, 09:44:31 pm
  • Bonesaw is Ready!!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:47:17 pm »
I just ordered a sample pack of all their 3/4" T-molding. Too bad I just noticed that they sold the dang router bits that I am paying double shipping for now   :)

-JC
Tekken 3 Showcase to 4 player Mame Conversion in progress.
Dedicated Die Hard
2x Dedicated Mortal Kombat   **For Sale**
Dedicated Mortal Kombat 2     **For Sale**
Dedicated Mortal Kombat 4 - soon to be UMK3
Dedicated TMNT 4-Player         **For Sale**
Dedicated Marvel Vs. Capcom
Xbox 360 Wireless Arcade Stick in progress.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:45 am »
40 feet of bright orange ordered and the router bit... Just sit bat and wait now I guess and see how quickly UK customs can clear it :-)
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:16 am »
I used those guys when I did my CP. I actually got lucky and picked up some scrap pieces from their "Odds and Ends" page for even cheaper. Be sure to check there, esp if you don't need lots of the same stuff (or even if you do and can deal with it being in 2 or more pieces)

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:26:57 am »
40 feet of bright orange ordered and the router bit... Just sit bat and wait now I guess and see how quickly UK customs can clear it :-)

My order arrived yesterday. Not too long to wait. There was a customs charge of £12.68 on receipt of the goods. Bear that customs can charge you import duty when you order from US based companies.

Still cheaper and easier than trying to find a slot cutter in the UK.
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

turnergw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2011, 11:52:09 am
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:59 am »
Thumbs up to these guys from another UK customer.  I ordered 40ft of blue t-molding, together with the slot cutter bit and arbor, and they arrived after around 14 days, with a similar customs charge (£12).  I suspect from previous experience that the package arrived in the UK much quicker than that, but spent a week in customs!

Unfortunately on opening the pack, they'd sent yellow t-molding instead of blue!  However one quick email later, and a replacement strip was winging its way over, which arrived in only 3 days, with no further charge.

Top service from Richard at t-molding.com - it's nice to see good customer service, which seems a rarity these days.  I'd definitely use them again!

sinkhead

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2009, 06:24:02 pm
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 12:33:54 pm »
All you who are getting customs charges, are you just ordering normally? I get around 2 packages a week from Hong Kong and I've never been charged on a single one. The marked values are typically $40 to $50.

saleem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 12:39:27 pm »
cos china/hong kong aint the usa.customs will more likely say a package you get from usa is high value one rather than hong kong.
:)

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:41:54 pm »
cos china/hong kong aint the usa.customs will more likely say a package you get from usa is high value one rather than hong kong.

Most China/Hong Kong/Orient based sellers couldn't give two shits about customs, and happily mark their goods as having a value of under 30 US dollars, and also as a gift - anyone who buys off ebay will know this and even many websites that import do this - it goes unnoticed and untouched by their customs, and also by our own.

When it comes from the US, the way their goods have to be declared means no reputable company will misrepresent their goods on paper. Even small packages, if declared over a certain value, will be checked at customs and VAT dutifully slappe on. What bothers me is that UK customs or Royal Mail will sometimes charge an additional fee for having held and checked the parcel. Ordering stuff from the US seems ideal in the modern world of global commerce and the internet, but if you look at the purchases carefully, once you slap on the VAT, delivery and charges it's quite frequently cheaper to order from the UK. I know some parts are hard to find in the UK, so I may be expanding our business to parts supply once I've identified the key items us Brits need...

LeedsFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2021, 06:14:23 am
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 04:13:03 am »
When it comes from the US, the way their goods have to be declared means no reputable company will misrepresent their goods on paper. Even small packages, if declared over a certain value, will be checked at customs and VAT dutifully slappe on.

I didn't think we had to pay VAT on anything that comes from outside the EU? I understand that transactions withing the EU are subject to VAT at the standard rate. But from the US there shouldn't be any. Or am I getting mixed up with import duty?