Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HE'S ALLLLIIIIIVE!!!!  (Read 5031 times)

Visitor Q

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
HE'S ALLLLIIIIIVE!!!!
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:49:11 pm »
My first pin! ;D

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

RichSorr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2015, 07:27:00 pm
Re: HE'S ALLLLIIIIIVE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:20:24 pm »
very nice, looks like its in excellent shape. enjoy

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:23:11 pm »
Did they include an original manual?

If you mean the operations manual, then yes if not, no.

It says "June 1998 16-50065-101 Final"
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:59:11 am »
Nice, very very nice.

That game is very interactive, it seems like everything on there wakes up & moves around.

Kudos!

"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »
Thanks Guys.

Here's some more pix.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:31:31 pm »
One more...  ;)

ps. Some of these pix were took before I brought it home. In other words, that is not my driving game in the backround.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:33:32 pm by Visitor Q »

nostrebor

• Not enough wit to effectively use this space...
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2013, 02:02:41 pm
  • SHOCKING!!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 02:28:54 pm »
Nice score! :applaud:

I'm not sure exactly why, but I really get a kick out of this pin. It just makes me grin.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 01:04:15 pm »
How much did you give for it?

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 02:20:00 pm »
An Arm and a Leg.

:laugh2:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:51:17 pm by Visitor Q »

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:41:11 pm »
I couldn't imagine paying $4700 for one game. I am close to being even on my entire collection thru parts sales and a game sale here and there.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 11:13:10 pm »
Check the market and you'll find out.

There are currently 9 listed on Mr. Pinball that range from 4,600 to 8,500.

eBay has only one for $4,800

Its one of the most $$$ out there but there are some even higher, however there are a lot lower as well.  :laugh:

It's a great game but it's all what you like. Medieval Madness sells for over thousand more, myself there are a lot of other pins I would rather have. "shrug"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:15:56 pm by Visitor Q »

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 11:17:07 pm »
I agree with the others, that's a lot of money but its a fine example of a collectible machine & IMHO its a fair price indeed.

Actually I am surprised someone didnt post a link of a MB beat to ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for less money just to rub their sour grapes in your face.

So congrats on a sweet machine man.

I collect minty "players", I have a buddy with about 50 machines (clear coated TZ, IJ, STTNG, MB, AFM & even TWO MM's & etc etc etc) & he just laughs at me.....sorta considers my machines mopeds I guess (fun till you're caught).

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:49 am »
I agree with the others, that's a lot of money but its a fine example of a collectible machine & IMHO its a fair price indeed.

Actually I am surprised someone didnt post a link of a MB beat to ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- for less money just to rub their sour grapes in your face.

So congrats on a sweet machine man.

I collect minty "players", I have a buddy with about 50 machines (clear coated TZ, IJ, STTNG, MB, AFM & even TWO MM's & etc etc etc) & he just laughs at me.....sorta considers my machines mopeds I guess (fun till you're caught).

Thanks! Holy crap, your friend has some nice stuff it would seem. Cool!

I know where there is a MB local right now in a bar for 3g. Some broken plastics, worn pf, no kick out hole protector installed, has minor drac track wear, has some cab. damage, decals are very worn and the display is bad. It plays great but I am not sure what errors it has as I was not able to access that information. The pf is very dirty, overall the machine is very dirty but it can be cleaned.

I am a firm believer that 99.9% of the time you get what you pay for but if anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to put them in touch with the person that is selling that above machine. I was told it would be shopped prior to sale and the display replaced.

As far as my machine, it’s not perfect, nothing really is but I can assure you I looked and spoke to countless people before I bought what I bought. To say I did not shop around would be an understatement, in fact I spoke to so many people I needed to make a spread sheet to keep track of who I spoke too at one point!

I really thought through my options before purchase on restoring a machine or buying one that was already in excellent shape, I felt in the end that it was less work but more money up front to buy something in the condition I did.

As of now I am very happy with my purchase and for anyone thinking about buying the hardest part if trying to find a pf with little to no wear, no matter how much you want to pay. Just my experience in a nut shell and really I am not trying to defend my purchase, I am very happy...

Ps. http://www.treasure-cove.net/

The best of the best, their restores START at $6,400 for this game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:34:05 am by Visitor Q »

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:53 am »

Yeah, too bad all that doesn't make his penis bigger.  ;D

99% of the population doesn't give a crap what the name of your pin is - just that you have one. At my little girls Bday party last year, people went NUTS over my Angel's pin, and it wasn't even working right.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 08:32:09 am »

Yeah, too bad all that doesn't make his penis bigger.  ;D

99% of the population doesn't give a crap what the name of your pin is - just that you have one. At my little girls Bday party last year, people went NUTS over my Angel's pin, and it wasn't even working right.

Maybe from a public stand point but I am not even sure if I see that. For instance “Shriek” would appeal to kid’s because kids like Shriek. Put a Shriek next to a Twilight Zone with kid’s and see what game gets played more. From a collector or owner aspect if I just wanted a pin I could have toss a couple hundred bucks out there and got something but why buy something I really didn't care to own just for the sake of saying I own a pinball machine.

My thoughts where as follows... Room is limited and if I am going to own a machine why not buy my first choice, being MB. Sure it was more than others but why buy something for the sake of owning it and then have buyer’s remorse every time I wish I would have bought what I really wanted to begin with? I had a top 3 or 5 that I was looking for so I started at #1 and was lucky to find one in the condition I was looking for. It took some effort to track down what I found but at this point in the game I could not be happier with the results of the leg work I put forward.

Again... This is my opinion, others will surely vary.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 08:35:47 am »
If you can afford it, then definitely buy what you want. If you have a mortgage, a family, tons of bills, etc. Then you learn to compromise just to have coin-op stuff.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 09:39:03 am »
Trust me, I am not putting anyone down here for buying anything less and by no means am I rich... I just have really good credit.  ;)

All pinball games kick ass!  :woot

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 09:45:30 am »
...please say you didn't take out a loan to buy a $5k pinball machine.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:43 am »
...please say you didn't take out a loan to buy a $5k pinball machine.

Nope.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:09:39 am »
Well, I've never been floored by the gameplay on Monster Bash, but it's fun and has a lot of mainstream appeal and that always drives the price up.  One of those titles that will always be valuable, I don't see it sliding down to the $500 level anytime soon.

Gomez used the same playfield design on a lot of titles, so if you like the feel of Monster Bash there's other (cheaper) themes to choose from.

MB has great toys IMO, the sound bits are awesome and I love the double ramps just to name a few!

I bought the machine for many reasons but overall appeal to me is what sold me. Again I keep coming back to MEM but I really don't see the appeal with that, game play and/ or otherwise however someone must like it to drive the price to where it is as well as MB.

Every game that was on my top 5 list is 3g +!

LOL! I hope it does not go to 500 anytime soon!!! I guess the other thing you have to consider here is how many where made of these compared to other pins as well, MEM 4,016 units and MB 3,361 units.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:13:01 am by Visitor Q »

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 08:22:29 pm »
GTFOH I acquired my Jurassic Park from Alan!!!!!

Funny story, I left the pinball legs at his house & didnt realize it until I was at Shoney's in Kentucky. I called & he already left but said the legs were on the side of his house for me & he was waiting for my call..................whew................FYI: Shoney's in KY isnt like the ones in STL back in the 80's.

At the time there was the most bling'n fully & I mean fully restored AFM, it was so pretty that if I bought it I would never play it.

He has a GNR on ebay right now, if it were a grand less & my GF didnt threaten to kill me I'd snap that thing up quick (after seeing his mustang I decided he was making too much money off me lol).

Here is my buddy's site, the game list of very out dated as are the pics since he has built an addition & really ramped up the games: http://www.cppinball.com/

Knowing him has saved me well over $100k  ;D

Sorry for hijacking your thread with my shoney baloney  :angel:

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 08:24:08 am »
No worries...

That guy looks like his has an awesome place.

Good friend to have. =]

More Cowbell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2017, 02:33:49 pm
  • That's just dumb!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 10:59:57 am »
A lot of talk about prices and values in this thread. I've been thinking about it a lot lately since I just bought another pin (my 4th). To me, these are investments in fun. They hold their value very well since they're not making any more (meaning, the older ones) and you can't MAME them (PinMAME is no where near playing a real pin). So you're essentially just tying your money up in something you can enjoy for a few years and then get your money right back out of it. Yes, the market fluctuates (down right now) but even when it's down, it's not down 80% or anything. Maybe you lose a few hundred bucks. Wasn't it worth it to have a great machine for a few years? My problem is that I grow emotionally attached when I put time and effort into restoring or fixing machines and don't want to give them up. MB looks like a great pin, btw. Maybe someday I'll "invest" in one.  ;D
I've got a fever...

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 04:25:03 pm »
I finally got around to reading this thread.  Nice find!  Enjoy it!

I noticed it has the DCS sound system (same as was used in the MK2 game).  Wow, it must REALLY sound good!

Congrats!

~ DeLuSioNaL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:12 am »
I finally got around to reading this thread.  Nice find!  Enjoy it!

I noticed it has the DCS sound system (same as was used in the MK2 game).  Wow, it must REALLY sound good!

Congrats!

~ DeLuSioNaL

It's loud! I think you can crank this up to like 30 (volume level) and at 12 or 13 it's blaring!

Cool thing is they offer upgraded speakers; the machine even has a sub!  :woot