Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ---WANTED---Pinball- Monster Bash, Twlight Zone, Theatre of Magic or The Addams  (Read 3472 times)

Visitor Q

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
Looking to purcahse one of the following in this order.

Monster Bash
Twlight Zone
Theatre of Magic
The Addams Family

PM or Post.

Thanks!
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

pjjones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2008, 11:54:26 am
I have a monster bash I might part with. If you email me I'll send you some pictures and give you some details on the game.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
PM Sent
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
Still Looking...

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2024, 10:05:27 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM

Have you played any of those machines before?

Personally, Id go with a Theatre of Magic, or Monster Bash.

Twilight Zone is a very slow playing game... and it doent have a good ball
flow to it.  Its more  "Stop n Go".   I think a lot of the following is simply for the
theme.

Ive played Adams a few times... and I cant seem to get into it much either.  Another
stop n go game... but not as bad nor slow as TZ.   The theme is much better too.

You may wish to consider going to a Pinball Show to see these in person, as well
as being able to purchase them there.   (Where you can inspect for damages and
problems)

A pretty big one is the allentown show in P.A.

http://www.pinballwizardsconv.com/

However, I know there are many more.   You can also post on the newsgroups or
craigs lists to see if a collector will allow you to play on theirs.  And or to see if they
would like to sell as well.

(rent a uhaul there if you dont have a hatchback/truck. expect at least $300
for the uhaul bill depending on how far away you are going... Call them for a
'one way' quote)

There are a few Ebay sellers which have cheap delivery services.  However,
some sell pins which are priced a little high, and contain playfield damages and
broken assemblies.  Still, if you dont mind fixing them.. and dont have access to
pins any other way... it can be an OK thing to do.   Of course, there are sellers who
do restore the games to an insane level on there too... but you will pay thru the
nose for that kind of restoration.   If you have the money to burn... that really is
the way to go... as you would probably drop much more money on parts and
time restoring a machine yourself.  (see: Treasure Cove, as an example of
high level restoration)

Also, there you will have much better responses with the pinball newsgroups,
and or maybe something like the KLOV forums.  Many more Collectors on the
Newsgroups -vs- here.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
Yes, I have played them all. Monster Bash is hands down my favorite but I really enjoy the depth that Twilight Zone has to offer. Sure it's a slower game but it has a lot of neat features.

I have heard about the Allentown show infact it is fairly close to me, hour and 1/2 away. I heard typical the show is not the best place to buy because of inflated prices which is funny because I thought the opposite when I heard about it. Trust me though; I have decided to buy locally at least from some place where I can go an play the game prior to buying. Currently I have looked at 3 Monster Bashes in person and I am going to see another this weekend which more than likely I will be purchasing at the time. I saw pictures of it and the playfield has zero wear or repair.

I looked at Treasure Cove, amazing $$$$$$$$tuff.

Thank you for your reply. I plan on joining the group you speak of soon, maybe even today.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm

I sorta liked TZ until I shopped mine.  After that I hated it so much I couldn't sell it fast enough.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
When I went to look at a MB over the weekend the guy also had a TZ, he had a horror story or two but it played great after he got it going.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:37:40 pm by Visitor Q »