Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 17'' Elo Touch Screen Monitors  (Read 3137 times)

celtic123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2010, 12:01:29 pm
17'' Elo Touch Screen Monitors
« on: November 30, 2008, 11:48:34 am »
Sorry if i have this in the wrong forum,I'm a new member here but in the early process of building my own touchscreen jukebox :)

On eBay are 17'' Elo Touchscreen monitors for £100, A deal i just could not refuse. Here's the link for all of you out there :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-ELO-TOUCHSCREEN-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ320321413160QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors?hash=item320321413160&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

So far i have my amplifier 570w 6 channel,Elo touchscreen monitor and in the process of looking for the PC base unit.

Planning on using mdf for the outer casing of the jukebox...Going to then put a few led's around it and cover in white perspex on the front...

Any ideas/Information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Jess--

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2023, 09:51:55 am
    • My Botched Cab
Re: 17'' Elo Touch Screen Monitors
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 04:43:14 pm »
cheers for the tipoff on the screen

sounds like you are a little further ahead of me with your juke

xbon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2010, 01:33:15 am
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 01:39:23 am »
I got my screen from that guy a few weeks back, ive had no major issues with it at all, accept any buttons on the edge of the screen is hard to touch takes a while to recognise etc, i simply solved this by moving the xp bar to the side...
Currently ripping Over 20,000+ Music Cd`s.....

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:23:39 am »
I had that issue with mine. It should have come with a cd that has calibration software. If not, I think you can download it from ELO's website.

Out of curiosity, was the monitor you bought de-cased, set up for kiosk?
 :burgerking:
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

Jess--

• Offline Offline
    • My Botched Cab
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:23 am »
got mine, using it right now... same problem as previously noted very difficult to get touch at edges of screen.

this is not due to bad calibration or fault though it is because of the depth of the bezel, its virtually impossible to get you finger close enough to the edge of the screen to close a window that is maximised. the edge of the bezel lines up exactly with the edge of the screen but is about 1/2 inch deep.

I will take my bezel off and look inot enlarging the hole by around 1/4 inch to eliminate this problem.

screen itself is crisp and bright and working perfectly.

they are decased (not actually built with a case) as they are designed for kiosks etc, 3 choices on mounting...
1. metal bracket and ears, they come with a metal bracket and what can only be described as adjustable ears to allow mounting.
2. screws through bezel, there are a series of mounting holes on the bezel to allow direct mounting to a panel
3. vesa, there are standard vesa mounting holes on the back of these monitors

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:29:11 am »
There is an adjustment you can make in the monitor set up to reduce the screen width by a couple of percent. Then recalibrate. It's been 6 months and I can't remember exactly what I did, but I was able to adjust the width to where it as enough to move the sliders on the edge of the screen and still looked good. The setup buttons are on the right side, near the back I think. Good luck!
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

Jess--

• Offline Offline
    • My Botched Cab
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
There is an adjustment you can make in the monitor set up to reduce the screen width by a couple of percent. Then recalibrate. It's been 6 months and I can't remember exactly what I did, but I was able to adjust the width to where it as enough to move the sliders on the edge of the screen and still looked good. The setup buttons are on the right side, near the back I think. Good luck!

mine has a sum total of one button, and thats power, no other buttons on it anywhere thats visible.

I have tested it from 400x300 up to its native resolution of 1280x1024 and its lined itself up perfectly every time