Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Elite Screens ez-Cinema Series 100" 16:9 Projector Screen - First Impressions  (Read 3972 times)

Cyberflexx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2012, 03:40:10 pm
MODEL- F100NWH            VENDOR- ELITESCREENS

http://www.elitescreens.com/product_ezcinema.htm

FEATURES- ez-Cinema Series Screen- 100" diagonal
       * 16:9 HDTV format, Portable Floor Pull-Up Screen.
       * Easy carry, Setup, Project- for home cinema, business traveling and
          education training.
       * Features a simple telescoping mechanism- easy to use and durable.
       * Matte white screen or high contrast gray screen material- easy to
          clean adnd durable.
       * High effective scattered screen angle for a clear picture.
       * Built-in carrying handle makes it easy to carry.
       * Standard carrying bag for more protection when traveling or storage.
       * Aluminum casing makes the screen light weight and durable.
       * Includes 3/4" black masking border and black raised.

SPECIFICATIONs
NOMINAL DIAGONAL- 100" (16:9)
VIEWING SIZE    - 49"h x 87"w
BLACK MASK      - 18" Screen rise
                         3/4" Border
SCREEN MATERIAL - Matte White
CASE COLOR        - Black
HARDWARE        - Telescoping

This screen is perfect for your home theater.  It is very portable and easy to take down and setup.  When you go to set up the unit, you first, flip out the feet for support, unlatch the cover of the screen, setup the screen height bar, then pull the screen up and fasten it to the top of the bar.  Took all of 2 minutes.  I decided to go with this screen because I wanted something that I could take to an Xbox party, or take it outside for a neighborhood movie night but also have a nice professional look if I wanted to leave it setup in my TV room.  I found this online for $289.00 Shipped to my door in 2 days.

The 1st thing I noticed with this screen is how much the screen moved  back and forth with little effort.  This would be no problem indoors but when I had it setup outside, I had to use some wood blocks to weight down the front of the screen feet and a bungy cord to my garage door handle to keep it from falling forward when the wind decided to kick up.  I had my screen fall over one time because I did not have it weighted down when we got a gust of wind.

This screen produces a very bright image and everything looks beautiful reflecting back to the audience.  I popped in GRID racing on my Xbox360 and it looked awesome.  The projector I was using, is not hi-def or DLP, its an 8 or 9 yr old LCD NEC projector 4:3 aspect ratio.  I'm sure if you had a modern projector, the picture would be even more awesome!.

If you are in need of a projector screen. I would recommend this unit. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars!