Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Renaming snapshot files that don't match their corresponding ROM's  (Read 18141 times)

KnightofTruth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2013, 12:51:58 am
Re: Renaming snapshot files that don't match their corresponding ROM's
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 10:06:05 am »
Wow, thanks so much for the app (and the links on the no-intro tools - not sure how I missed that one).  When I get a spare moment in the next two days or so I'll definitely try them out as I did the EXACT same thing (Goodx w/changes + NoIntro snaps + .dat files)! 

(I had posted the same issue on another thread here, guess I should've kept searching through the pages til I found this thread haha)

Thanks again!

KnightofTruth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:20 am »
Okay, so for some reason I'm apparently doing something wrong... I have GoodSNES roms that I unGoodmerged to remove the ROMS I didn't want.  I have apparently a no-intro naming convention snap set (CRC_Snaps & CRC_Titles).. all the pngs are named simply as a #.  I downloaded the appropriate snes .dat file from no-intro and attempted to use their "imagerenamer" software to rename the crc files to appropriate rom names (to be recognized by mala).

Here's the issue...everytime I do it I get either 1 or 2 (depending on my choices) empty folders called "named_snaps" or "named_titles".  All the snaps keep their same names and the folders are empty.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

dungbeetle46

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:12 am »
never got along with no intro crc snaps
try http://www.emumovies.com/console.html

KnightofTruth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 08:36:18 am »
Thanks, I guess I'll just use those since I was using the carts/boxes from the same site.  It just seems that the crc ones are better quality and have more of them.  Oh well, it beats this  :banghead:   :) 

Alkis30

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2018, 07:14:46 am
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 01:13:03 am »
In the last months I used the Fatmatch program to rename images and videos so as to match in my rom collections. The problem is that Fatmatch (and any other program that I'm aware of) can not browse roms within subfolders. There are many platforms like Amiga CD32, 3DO, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, PS1 etc where I have the roms (bin,iso files) whithin the main folder of each game. Does anyone know a program or something that can search-scan inside those subfolders and do this job ???? Please someone help !