Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: trouble with nintendo sanyo monitor  (Read 1134 times)

redfivexw

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2022, 04:49:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
trouble with nintendo sanyo monitor
« on: September 16, 2008, 09:56:54 pm »
I have been working on this monitor on and off for some time now.  It was working perfectly, then moved the machine and the vertical hold started to go (the screen is very touchy to adjust to stay in one place, when you turn the machine off and on, the position changes).  I posted the problem here and got the standard "give it a cap kit" answer.  Well, i bought a cap kit, and installed it this afternoon.  I plugget it back in, exact same problem.  Is there anything else that can go wrong that would cause the hold to be so touchy?  Could it just be the knob that controls it that needs to be replaced?  there were a couple of capacitors that were not replaced in the kit, could they be the culprit?  This is the stock monitor in a Donkey Kong jr, sanyo monitor.  The picture is bright and clear, when you do adjust the hold to center, it will hold it until you turn it off, then it moves over about 1/2 way so it is split in the middle.

qrz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
  • wrangling electrons since 1978
Re: trouble with nintendo sanyo monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:42 pm »
if i have the right print, check c162 ( i think - poor quality print) 4.7uF NP on the vert sync in.
c16x ? 1uF@50v, c15x ? 220uF@16v
sry the designations are NOT legible   Grrrrrr !

won't hurt to spray some contact cleaner into the pot(s)

qrz