Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mitsubishi ws 65807 service manual or flow chart  (Read 9298 times)

gatordad

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 pm
  • This is your brain on games.
Mitsubishi ws 65807 service manual or flow chart
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:36:28 pm »
Not really arcade related but My big screen is on the fritz anyone know where to get the service manual from. Powers on for 3 seconds then shuts off, I can see the ttubes start to glow then  she goes off all by herself, I pulled the back off and checked the 125v 10 fuse and it looks ok. Mitsubishi ws-65807.
Any help is appreciated.

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: Mitsubishi ws 65807 service manual or flow chart
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 02:39:19 pm »
Would think it was a power supply issue. Probably capacitors.

As for a manual...... TV manual can be hard to find on-line. (free)
But I found something that might help on Ebay.
Ebay Manual
Might at least have parts specs and numbers in it and the price is right.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

qrz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
  • wrangling electrons since 1978
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:59:45 pm »
u may obtain the service and training manuals in pdf format for 11.99 ea  here :
www.service-manual.net/ashop/catalogue.php

click on "mitsu..."  then enter ws-65807 in search box   ;)

newer tv's have many "safety" circuits that will initiate a power down when a fault is detected .
hopefully urs has a minor problem .

BE CAREFUL .   PROJECTION TV High Voltage supplies deliver slightly higher current levels than a standard crt system.

qrz

gatordad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:50:01 pm »
I bought a service manual and I am getting an error code 22. I need to look into this further.

gatordad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:41:11 am »
Well I did alot of reading the last couple of days and it seems that these have a high failure rate on the IC's, they are pretty cheap about 25.00 for the pair, so I am going to try to replace these, as I don't think it's a power issue as she fires up but some kind of circuit protect kicks in an and shuts her down right away.

qrz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
  • wrangling electrons since 1978
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 11:01:25 pm »
the manual should tell u what code 22 is referencing. look there for the fault  ;)
yes, the stk's are a high failure item in the convergence .
  but, i wouldn't expect such a fault to trigger a shutdown.

all mfgr's have their quirks, and this could be mitsu's .....

qrz

B1LL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:46:02 pm »
Gatordad  -  - I'm curious how you recently fixed your Mitsubishi WS-65807.

I have the same symptom.  It powers on and only shows green LED for 3 sec then shuts off with audible relay clicks.  Immediately after connecting to AC power, green LED flashes 3 times, indicating "Microprocessor has initialized and is functioning".  Holding INPUT & MENU shows error code 22, indicating "Short protect circuit”.

I've searched around and read a lot about bad convergence chips, but my convergence was fine when it abruptly powered down while I was watching it.  I've also read a lot about bad capacitors, which seems more likely.  I got a PDF service manual and schematics off eBay for $5.39.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I crawl in there.

Bill

gatordad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:57:16 am »
I have a leaking - bad capacitor on the middle board , I have not ordered a replacement yet, so  it's just sitting there collecting dust for the moment, I have no idea if that the only thing wrong yet. I have not had the time to get to it yet. It's not my primary tv so no rush on my part. I figure its worth at least 50 dollars in replacement parts before I give up. I was quoted 400-500 from a service tech to fix it. For that much I would sink my money into a new lcd replacement set.

I don't think I would buy another Mitsubishi after paying 3200.00 and  having this set for only 7 years with very low hours (I don't watch that much tv) and its goes out like that to say the least is extremely frustrating.

Best of luck

B1LL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:12:24 pm »
Thanks Gatordad - I was in a similar state of mind with this old set that served me well for 7 years.

Then I got some ambition and after some browsing and probing, I found that I had 2 bad convergence ICs that blew 2 on-board fuses.  I've replaced all the parts for $50 (I hit your $ threshold already).  The set now works but needs a major convergence adjustment.  Also, the IR remote control didn't work when I put it back together.  I'm trying to figure that out now and its very frustrating.