Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Parts are rounded up, now time to build.  (Read 1206 times)

solorbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2009, 11:59:28 pm
Parts are rounded up, now time to build.
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:32:12 am »
I’ve been toying with the idea to build a cab since mame .106.  I purchased an ipac, joysticks , and buttons around the same time.    I made a 2 player prototype CP just to give it a shot, and I’ve been using it ever since.  I have 3 older pc in the basement just waiting to get mamed or converted to some type of emulator cab.  My thoughts were one for Mame, one for Atari 2600, and the other for NES or SNES.   

Tonight I gave up on the 3 old PC’s, and I Mame’d up my old laptop.  It is a 1.2Ghz with 512 meg of ram, and a 30 gig HD.  It’s missing about 4 keys, and half of the remaining keys don’t really work that good due to a can of soda dumped on it compliments of my 2 year old. 

I’m planning on either a 1 player bar top or a 1 player mini upright for the cab.  Either one will have an additional CP I can add to make it a 2 player.  I got this idea from the taxi cab bar top and a few others.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

Shawn

Namco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2024, 08:30:10 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
Re: Parts are rounded up, now time to build.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:04:36 am »
I have an old 500mhz laptop that I'm thinking about using for a project. I'll be keeping my eyes on your project to see what you come up with for ideas. I've been thinking jukebox, but tabletop mame sounds good too. Good Luck!