Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH ACT LAB LIGHT GUN AND WELLS GARDNER  (Read 2818 times)

colonelsnow

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2022, 07:56:26 am
  • I'm a llama!
PROBLEM WITH ACT LAB LIGHT GUN AND WELLS GARDNER
« on: May 29, 2003, 09:58:32 pm »
I have a Wells Gardner VGA monitor. When I hook the Act Labs light gun up my display gets screwed up. The whole screen changes to a bright light. I have checked the hook up a few times and it is not the problem. I also tested it on my PC monitor and it works fine.  Has anyone gotten the gun to work with a Wells Garner monitor?

anthony691

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2016, 03:10:23 pm
    • Lightgun.tk
Re:PROBLEM WITH ACT LAB LIGHT GUN AND WELLS GARDNER
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 10:46:01 pm »
I have a Wells Gardner VGA monitor. When I hook the Act Labs light gun up my display gets screwed up. The whole screen changes to a bright light. I have checked the hook up a few times and it is not the problem. I also tested it on my PC monitor and it works fine.  Has anyone gotten the gun to work with a Wells Garner monitor?

There have been both results of success and (sadly) failure. You are sure it isn't in calibration mode? (that would be dumb easy and nice :))

It appears some WG monitors work... and some don't? This isn't cool :(
Visit my MAME lightgun site:
http://www.lightgun.tk

OSCAR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2018, 11:31:53 pm
  • I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem...
    • Oscar Controls
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 11:22:40 pm »
The USB lightgun works with my W-G D9100.  What VGA model W-G are you having problems with?

colonelsnow

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 08:12:45 am »
The USB lightgun works with my W-G D9100.  What VGA model W-G are you having problems with?

The 3800.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the pins. The connector on my Wells Gardner has some of the pins removed (intentionally) on the connector to the PC.

Does calibration have anything to do with the display? I haven't been able to do the calibration yet because I do not have an internet connection to my arcade  cabinet  to download Quick Time. I tried downlaoding it to my PC and then transfering it to the cabinet but can not find a way to download anything but an automatic install to the PC

AX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2004, 02:07:53 pm
  • The only way to win is to cheat!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 10:19:02 am »
sounds to me like the gun is going into calibration mode.  this could be due to different pinouts on the WG monitor.  see if you can compare it to say a wg9100 and see if the picouts are the same.  try flipping the calibration switch.  wouldn't that be nice and easy.

anthony691

• Offline Offline
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2003, 05:03:53 pm »

The 3800.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the pins. The connector on my Wells Gardner has some of the pins removed (intentionally) on the connector to the PC.

Does calibration have anything to do with the display? I haven't been able to do the calibration yet because I do not have an internet connection to my arcade  cabinet  to download Quick Time. I tried downlaoding it to my PC and then transfering it to the cabinet but can not find a way to download anything but an automatic install to the PC

You don't really need Qtime to view the movie! You can just explore the disc through Windows explorer and open it with Windows Media player and the like! (geez, you didn't read my site?LOL)

StephenH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2023, 06:15:45 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2003, 02:16:38 am »
The Act Labs gun only works with VGA monitors (running in 31Khz Mode).    If this WG monitor is standard res, you are probably out of luck.

colonelsnow

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2003, 10:20:17 am »
I got it working!. I unplugged everything a nd re hooked it up and it worked. I think that maybe teh gun was stuck in calibration mode.

anthony691

• Offline Offline
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2003, 10:25:31 am »
GOOD!