Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: defender cabinet project  (Read 5804 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2024, 01:55:16 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: defender cabinet project
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:37 pm »

nice work! i havent restored an original, but i bet youll find it very satisfying. an excellent find, and hopefully a happy ending (",)

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 12:02:17 am »
Seems pretty simple to me.  If you want to restore it then  do so.  If you want to MAME it, then sell it and buy an even better cab with the money you get.  If you plan on playing fighting games then a defender cab is a terrible choice.

sfrascella

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2017, 09:44:15 pm
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 01:47:13 pm »
Great restoration!

I noticed that you are using a switching PS with this. You will probably have random memory loss where the machine will come up in bookeeping mode, this is normal when using a switcher. Some of your high scores may appear jumbled as well.

Just a heads up so you don't think it's a board problem and waste a few hours trying to fix it as I did.

Also I think you will need a Williams 4116 to 4164 Ram Power Adaptor from Bob Roberts for the 4164 ram

Nice job! :cheers:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:59:02 pm by sfrascella »

RetroACTIVE

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 04:27:52 pm
  • Gramps
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2008, 02:04:38 pm »
Great restoration!

I noticed that you are using a switching PS with this. You will probably have random memory loss where the machine will come up in bookeeping mode, this is normal when using a switcher. Some of your high scores may appear jumbled as well.

Just a heads up so you don't think it's a board problem and waste a few hours trying to fix it as I did.

This is true... but depends upon the switcher and how fast it comes up to regulation... the 20Amp happ power pro w/fan... I've seen this... but with the standard 15A... usually not a problem.
Happy Gaming!

jilted

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2013, 10:22:41 am
  • tumblepop!
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2008, 11:21:48 pm »
Great restoration!

Also I think you will need a Williams 4116 to 4164 Ram Power Adaptor from Bob Roberts for the 4164 ram

Nice job! :cheers:

thanks i am having fun with it
i don't need the adaptor because i built a new harness and i ran +5v to where the original harness ran +12v

jilted

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2013, 10:22:41 am
  • tumblepop!
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 01:51:41 am »
BEWARE!  I LIVE!