Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: D9200 mounting differences  (Read 1272 times)

PkingRoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2020, 02:12:47 pm
  • This is supposed to be fun...
    • Paul & Brian's Arcade Adventure
D9200 mounting differences
« on: May 22, 2003, 12:28:24 pm »
Can anyone give me an idea on the differences between mounting these two monitors?

WGM2792-U0TS42A and WGM2792-H0TS59L

I understand that one is a universal mount and the other is horizontal.  the horizontal is $35 cheaper right now at American Gaming and it looking pretty sweet - much cheaper than buying locally anyway.  Does the H mount still have the mounting bracket like the one pictured on their web site

Thanks!
Paul

PkingRoch

• Offline Offline
Re:D9200 mounting differences
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 07:17:05 pm »
OK - well I figured out I needed the universal mount, so I ran out and picked one up.  The problem is, when I got home, I noticed the model number had a G in it instead of a T.  This means it is a games grade monitor and not a TV grade monitor.  I was under the impression I needed a T, does anyone know the difference?  I may have to take this back tomorrow.

Thanks!
Paul

PkingRoch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 10:49:40 am »
Well for anyone who cares....

I went back to the place where I picked this up locally and they SWEAR that I don't need the generic monitor (42A) and that this one will work just fine without an isolation transformer.  So the tech there made me up a power cable, promissed me the monitor will not be 'hot' and said - 'I do bench work on these all the time without a problem just like this'.  I did have to pick up a VGA cable as well since the 09B didn't come with that cable either.  I'll be either electrocuted or playing soon  :o

Paul

MannyTC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2003, 01:33:28 am
  • Jack Burton... Me!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 11:02:08 pm »
From what I've read in these forums and elsewhere nobody makes monitors that require isolation transformers anymore so you should be fine.

PkingRoch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 01:08:15 am »
 :D
You're right!  After plugging in the cord and the VGA, I was up and running!

This monitor is sweet!

;D

bball

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2005, 12:54:37 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 04:57:15 pm »
I'm curious how you decided that you needed to get the universal mount.  I want to mount my monitor like this
http://home.austin.rr.com/shumate/unicade/photos/frame-monitor.jpg.  Do you know if this can be done with the horizontal mount ?  I'd like to try and save some $ and get the horizontal mount but I obviously need to make sure it will mount correctly :-)

bball

PkingRoch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 06:54:50 pm »
That picture shows a universal mount.  

From reading the WG web site, I found the horizontal mount monitors have the mounting brackets on the sides instead of the top and bottom.

From their site:

Horzontal Mount:

This is a mounting scheme whereby the picture tube is in the horizontal position. There are two side brackets with handles in them that the picture tube mounts to with four screws.

Universal Mount

Universal mount monitors can be mounted in different configurations. There is a bracket on the top and one on the bottom of the picture tube. There are two "U" channel brackets that can be mounted in differen5 positions ion the top and bottom brackets.

Looks like you would need the Universal mount to mount your monitor that way.
Paul