Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problems with svgalib in Kanotix(debian)!  (Read 3891 times)

bfunkalonius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2008, 02:55:52 am
Problems with svgalib in Kanotix(debian)!
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:39:54 am »
Hi, i'm trying to configure AdvanceMAME on a Kanotix build of Linux. I followed a tutorial step-by-step to get svgalib installed, and once i have it running in the background, i run the line "advmame *name of game*" and i get this error:
Unable to initialize the video driver. The errors are:
svgalib: Unsupported without the svga library

This makes no sense to me, seeing as if i run "lsmod | grep svga" i can see that svgalib is running. Someone suggested that i have to be a member of the group "video", but i am running under root, and that checked out. This is extremely nerve-wracking, as I have been searching EVERYWHERE for a solution. If someone could help me out, It'd be appreciated greatly.