Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Converting RGB to CMYK  (Read 2313 times)

GregD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
    • Arcade Nebula
Converting RGB to CMYK
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:29 pm »
Hey.  I was attempting to use Souldraw.com to print my artwork just because the online reviews are good and the prices are really good.  My problem is that they convert everything to CMYK format and that changes the colors of my artwork.  When I received the proofs back my nice bright greens went to a yellowish-green.  Is there anything I can do to convert them to CMYK myself and retain the original colors?  I tried using an online converter and the images came back just as the proofs did.  Anyone have a suggestion...or should I just use an American printer for 5x the money.  Thanks!

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
Re: Converting RGB to CMYK
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:21:52 am »
You didn't really say what program you're using to create your art so I tried to find a list of 2D tools that support conversion between RGB and CMYK and this is one that I found.

A fairly decent 2D tools should be able to allow you to separate your color spectrum, and more importantly, tweak those colors to your tastes. Maybe if you told us what tool you're using for your artwork, someone here who is familiar might be able to assist in fine tuning the file?

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 01:13:02 am
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:35:09 am »
I can do it for you Greg, It should be fairly easy for me and I'll tweak the conversions to match the original RGB colour profile as closely as possible. It's a good excuse to colour match sideart, marquee and CP anyway.  I should have thought of that, printers prefer CMYK - common problem.

GregD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
    • Arcade Nebula
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:23 am »
Now I feel like I am taking advantage of you Ond.  If doing this is a royal PITA then please don't worry about it.  Thank you very much....again

gbeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
    • arcadepix.com
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:03:17 pm »
just a heads up Ond.
Soul draw uses CMYK Japan 2001 not SWOP Please keep that in mind. So make sure your color profile is set to the right CMYK profile. ( yes there different kinds and yes and it makes a different) I use this vendor to print some of my work.

My cabs
4 Player Arcade
X-men Arcade Remixed
My Pin Cab Attack of the PINZ cab
My Racing Cabinet Cab [URL=http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=