Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: xbox hard drive dominos !  (Read 1094 times)

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
xbox hard drive dominos !
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:30 am »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:29:40 am by SNAAKE »

NOP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 08:22:27 pm
  • I stole my avatar.
    • winterMAME
Re: xbox hard drive dominos !
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:00:44 am »
heh, I just watched that and had the URL in my clipboard so I could come over here and paste it in.  You beat me to it. 

I think I ended up with about 45 drives throughout the course of my modding days.  The old drive was usually my "payment" for doing the mod for other people.  I ended up giving most of them away on craigslist and I think they ended up in charity machines for computerless people.  45 just isn't quite the domino display that this guy had...

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:16 am »
 yeah the xbox will be the first console in history to be extinct less then 10 years later due to the hard drive's dying and it being locked to the motherboard.

the only survivors of that fallout will be the modded one's.

sounds like the 360's will be taking the same coarse the way they break all the time on there own and like dummys they did not learn from this and now locked the dvd drive and mobo instead lol HELLo..

Stobe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2024, 05:08:05 pm
  • Don't make a fuss, I'll have your Spam!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:58:52 pm »
I wonder how much of that nice house was paid for by modding 1500 xboxs?

If he was able to average a $100 profit per box (hopeful, but possible), that would be $150,000!!  Not too shabby.

emdkay

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2019, 09:53:25 pm
  • Authentic & Repro Arcade Artwork & Bartop Cabinets
    • EMDKAY - Authentic & Reproduction Arcade Artwork
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:22 am »
this was clearly a shameless way of bragging as to how large of a house this guy has.  ok, we get it, you have a big house on the water funded mostly by modifying xbox systems - to which god knows how much illegal activity has been carried on over the years 

:soapbox:
EMDKAY.net - Your Original Source for Authentic & Reproduction Arcade Artwork, Arcade & Mame Marquees, and Home Arcade Bartop Cabinets
Improve the lives of children with toys and games through Emdkay & Child's Play! - See specially marked products.