Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dell 3008 WFP 30" fiasco  (Read 1592 times)

(+_+)

• Let me splain.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2012, 09:00:32 pm
  • For I am ]{eyser Soze
Dell 3008 WFP 30" fiasco
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:35:49 pm »
During the holidays, I received a Dell Boxing day Flyer with the Dell 3008 WFP 30" display on sale for 1299.00. I know your saying  :o, but it's true. I promptly called them up and said that I'd take one. The agent told me that it was a typo and that it should have read the Dell 3007 model. After a few songs and dances latter, I managed to get the guy to give it to me at that price. He also sent me an email stating that as soon as they were available, they'd give it to me at said price. It was actually a buddy of mine who pointed out the amazing special. He went through the same crap and in the end got them to confirm the price in writing. As soon as the screens became available, his agent gave him a call (about ten times that day) and he ended up making the purchase at the 1299.00 agreed upon price. Believe it or not, they called him back latter on that day and said, "Sorry we cannot honor the sale because it was a mistake". I was going to be calling them up any day now, but expect to get the same treatment. Are they allowed to do that? I'm quite shocked that they would even try something like that at this point. Perhaps in the beginning, stick to it as being an error. But confirming the price in writing and then backing out is bad. Worse yet, Making the purchase official and then them backing out is appalling. What thinks you?  :dunno

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:37:56 pm by (+_+) »
This plan is so perfect, it's retarded. -- Peter Family Guy

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Dell 3008 WFP 30" fiasco
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:38:52 pm »

They can back out, I think.... what they can't do is try and sell you a "comparable, but lesser" item at the same price.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Re: Dell 3008 WFP 30" fiasco
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:31 pm »
In this case, the fact that they agreed in writing after acknowledging the error they should definitely offer the deal. In my book, that officially becomes a quote which can be considered a legal contract. I'm sure they have some small print somewhere that covers them though.