Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hey, just finished your book!  (Read 5105 times)

Krohboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2009, 04:49:27 pm
Hey, just finished your book!
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:07:31 pm »
Hey my name is Krohboy, I'm a normal 16 year old addicted to video games. I read this book over holiday break, and I've been lurking in the forums for a while. Next Semester I have shop class so my plan is to build the cabinet during that, but first I have a few questions.

1. The book said the developers of MAME are working on duel light gun support, has this been done yet? One of my favorites is playing Point Blank with a friend. (If there is, what are other two player light gun games?)

2. I am looking for the cheapest computer I can find due to my job paying me minimum wage. That I can think of the most graphical game I'll be playing frequently are the trackball games (Golden Tee, and World Class Bowling), unless someone suggests a good graphical game that is. What kind of computer do you think I'll need?

3. How hard would it be to have the 3rd and 4th player sections be removable? I have Limited space, but would like having the option if needed.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, and thanks for the great book!

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: Hey, just finished your book!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:32 pm »

2. I am looking for the cheapest computer I can find due to my job paying me minimum wage. That I can think of the most graphical game I'll be playing frequently are the trackball games (Golden Tee, and World Class Bowling), unless someone suggests a good graphical game that is. What kind of computer do you think I'll need?

I'll just answer this one question since its the only one I have a good answer for.  You don't need much of a computer to run older Mame games.  Using Mame v99, I had most (possibly all) versions of Golden Tee running great on an old 800 mhz machine.

Games001

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 12:44:04 am
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:18:32 pm »
I just finished the book as well... longest but most fun 6 hours of my life!!!  :banghead: :applaud:

Now... *sigh* where to begin.  :o

Gotta give you credit Saint.  One hell of a book, with an insane amount of info.  :notworthy:

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »

Now... *sigh* where to begin.  :o

you have already,  picking up the book and lurking are the first steps in a long rewarding path.  Do not get into a rush, take you time.  Learn as much as you can before you even think about ordering parts of any type.