Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms Pacman Problem  (Read 1049 times)

stephenp1983

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:26:39 am
Ms Pacman Problem
« on: December 13, 2007, 12:04:40 pm »
I don't have to many details atm, but a buddy of mine has a Ms. Pacman that has been working fine up until about a month ago.  Now when it turns it on the screen just shows a grid like pattern across the whole screen without any sound.  He said it has started working for a day or so, but then it goes back to this pattern.  Any ideas what it could be?

Pac-Fan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2014, 09:30:12 am
Re: Ms Pacman Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:09 pm »
If it's a solid white cross hatch pattern, it sounds like the test switch inside the coin door is turned on and intermittent.  Problem is that to get it to lock into the cross hatch you need to boot to test mode, flip to normal and quickly flip back to test.  If it's a dirty / worn switch it's possible it could do that on it's own?

Also reseat the edge connector and/or clean the pins on it, and check the dip switches, it may have the freeze screen one being intermittently on.

stephenp1983

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:26:39 am
Re: Ms Pacman Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:45:50 pm »
Thanks I will try to get a picture of it and some more information if I can