Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Used GameCubes Listing at $29  (Read 9790 times)

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Re: Used GameCubes Listing at $29
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2007, 04:18:18 pm »
It would be nice if they would at least do a 2 for 1 deal. Trade in any normally $14.99 used games for another off the shelf $14.99 used game. Something like that. Back when I was a wee lad, a local pawn shop had about 300 Nintendo games with which he had that offer.

JimmyU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2024, 11:35:59 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »
Anyone remember Funcoland?  They were a used game store before they got bought out by Gamestop.  I remember getting NES games there during the 16 Bit era for 99 cents.  You can never have too many copies of Tecmo Super Bowl.

pmc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:22 pm »
OK... so tonight a different story. This time I went to the Hudson MA store.

"We don't have refurbs, but we have used ones for $29". They have a stack of like 8 or 9 little white cardboard boxes in the store. It's worth noting that the website said that they had none, and the Framingham store had 4+. Just the opposite was true.

I asked if I could see one and the guy says sure and cuts the box open. He then cuts open 2 more for me even though I was somewhat apologetic about making a hassle for him. He says he'll open them all if I want. He let me cherry pick the better controllers, cables, and power supply.

Couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Go figure.

-pmc

97thruhiker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2014, 01:55:30 pm
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2007, 08:36:34 pm »

"We don't have refurbs, but we have used ones for $29". They have a stack of like 8 or 9 little white cardboard boxes in the store. It's worth noting that the website said that they had none, and the Framingham store had 4+. Just the opposite was true.

I asked if I could see one and the guy says sure and cuts the box open. He then cuts open 2 more for me even though I was somewhat apologetic about making a hassle for him. He says he'll open them all if I want. He let me cherry pick the better controllers, cables, and power supply.

Couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Go figure.

-pmc

Good to hear, thats essentialy the experiece I had but the first box I opened the GC looked brand new.  I have a feeling whoever had it played it very little or maybe bought it to play a title or two and then got rid of it for a Wii.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2007, 10:09:19 am »

That's better than the one here... I was at the Cumberland, RI Gamestop.  Dude acted like it was a mega hassle to open the box to even verify its contents.  It probably explains why there were more than 25 of them still there.  In a minor plus the white boxes did have the Cube color written on them so you didn't have to hunt through for what you wanted (if it was right).

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »
So if they wont take it back then you just kept the pc?

No returns?  I don't think so.  Pay with a credit card.

I had some Best Buy employee try to pull that BS with me on a close out e-machines PC I bought years ago.  "1 out of 4 of these is dead in the box, you need a warranty"

"you couldn't make a profit on these if 1 in 4 was dead"

"well, we don't take returns on clearance items"

"if it doesn't work, and you won't refund my money, I'll file a chargeback"

Hell, I just went to the mat with a bank over a bogus $25 charge.  It's your money, don't let companies steal it from you.

Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

pmc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 07:43:02 am
    • website
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2007, 02:32:18 pm »
No returns?  I don't think so.  Pay with a credit card.

If you're talking about the used gear at Gamestop, it's "guaranteed to work". If it's DOA, you can bring it back and they'll presumably swap it for another unit.

-pmc