Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My WIP Front-End (for those who want to try it) updated 2007-12-30  (Read 3525 times)

zobook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 12:34:43 pm
Version 0.3.0 of MAMENace is here.

You need (as usual) to convert the JPG in the "Pieles" folder to BMP and put the history.dat in the same folder of the emulator.

Joystick Usage:

Up & Down = Move List * 1
Left & Right = Move List * 10
Button 1 = Start Game
Button 2 = Select Filter
Button 3 = Select Platform (MAME, SNES, Genesis, etc)
Button 4 = View game history (if supported)

You need to edit mamenace.ini to use YOUR emulators, and add your games (use the [Insert] key to do this

Right now, you cant delete games form the Front-End, you can specify properties of a game pressing [F2] key. Quit using [Esc] key

Comments are welcome

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=73658.0;attach=90723
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 06:12:13 pm by zobook »

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: My WIP Front-End (for those who want to try it)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 10:21:04 am »
I'm getting a "access violation" error.

Personally, I don't like names that have "MAME" or "CADE" in them, so I wish your frontend was named something different, like just "Menace".

Lastly, if you want your frontend to be for general use, you might want it to have a bilingual option.

Old, but not obsolete.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 10:41:22 am »

Personally, I don't like names that have "MAME" or "CADE" in them, so I wish your frontend was named something different, like just "Menace".

Lastly, if you want your frontend to be for general use, you might want it to have a bilingual option.

Yer not talkin poo `bout MAMEwah now are ya?

:cheers:
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

zobook

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:33:43 am »

Have you converted from JPG to BMP the files in the Pieles folder?

Try downloading these ini files down there and replacing the ones on the frontend folder

The name is not even definitive...buty i like it. I might rename it Chipi-Chipi (those from argentina that spend summer vacations in Claromecó will understand  ;))

True, but i was focus in makin it basic functional. Then i will add those options, of course, to make easy to oher people to use it.

The frontend is basicaly to put in the "some where in the future" cabinet i will make. But i'm posting here just in case someone like it or find it useful, and give me feedback about it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:40:27 am by zobook »

zobook

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:02:03 pm »
Updated version 0.3.1

Now includes translation support as suggested for Cakemeister

When starting, the programs loads (if exists) the file lang.ini, then translate all the text using it.

You can translate that file to other languajes. It's in żenglish? i traslate myself so espect no good. If you screw things up in lang.ini (or you know well spanish but not so well english) you can load in notepad the file original.lang.ini (wich is in spanish) and save it as lang.ini and then translate it. Preserve original.lang.ini intact, just in case....

When doing the translation, dont delete %p, %i, %t, %e you found there. They will be replaced by the program at runtime with "the platform name", "the selected game number", "the total games in category" & "the emulator used"

The categories names are not translated, because they are not a fixed part of the program, you define your own categories (in your own laguage) in the mamenace.ini under the "Categorias" section. Translate, add or delete as needed, but always place a letter (and only one) before the equals sign. Example:

Code: [Select]
A=Figthing
B=Race
C=SHMUPS
D=Puzzle
E=Old School

This version fix a couple of small bugs also, nothing big

The attached file includes:

*) The folder structure for the screenshots (for MY ini file)
*) The skins in the "Pieles" folder as JPG (convert to BMP before use)
*) My ini files (edit as you need)
*) The lang.ini and original.lang.ini files
*) The executable file, of course!
*) The names.dat and clones.dat files

For space reasons, it dont includes:
*) Any screenshot
*) The history.dat file (you must copy yours to the program folder)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 07:13:26 am by zobook »

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:58:47 pm »
Chipi-Chipi, I like it!
Old, but not obsolete.

zobook

• Offline Offline
My WIP Front-End (for those who want to try it) updated 2007-12-30
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 06:07:10 pm »
Updated version

Front_End.zip = Has the program, configuration files and lang files
Configurator.zip = A program to visually configure the frontend's main options
Skin.zip = convert the files from JPG to BMP for using
extras.zip = buttons, clones and names datafles

unzip all on the same folder. run ccc.exe to configure and chipichipi.exe to use.

the program now autocreates the directory tree for storing the screenshots on startup time.

If you press [F11] on the emulator it will display the "boxes" of the layout, you can then use PrintScreen to capture it and do your own skin in your favorite editor. to configure the layout must edit manually the options of the [Layout] section in ChipiChipi.ini (no layout editor is currently neither available, developed or consireded.

The left & right directions no longer skip +/- 10 places, they search for the first game starting with the next/last letter

Change the skin from KOF's Mai to SF Ryu just for fun.

The program now has a WonderBoy icon and the configurator a Wardner icon. This is a
very very important improvement  ;D

As usual, the history.dat is not included. Copy your own to the FE folder and press Joy_B4 to see the selected game history

The translation of the configuration program is not complete. some of the options and text will display in spanish even if you use lang.ini. This will be fixed in a later release (is not a bug, is a feature to let you learn a little spanish ;D)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:40:35 am by zobook »