Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 565131 times)

JudgeRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #1080 on: November 27, 2015, 12:20:13 am »
Sorry, one more question: is LEDBlinky compatible with I-PAC ULTIMATE I/O?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1081 on: November 27, 2015, 09:36:25 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I just came across this individually addressable board:

http://www.ultimarc.com/nanoled.html

Can you confirm if this board is fully compatible with LEDBlinky?  I ask because your program is mentioned in that page.

Thanks!
JudgeRob

LEDBlinky is not compatible with the Nano.

Sorry, one more question: is LEDBlinky compatible with I-PAC ULTIMATE I/O?

Thanks!

Yes, LEDBlinky is compatible with the Ultimate I/O.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #1082 on: November 27, 2015, 08:04:19 pm »
LEDBlinky is not compatible with the Nano.

FYI The PacDrive SDK supports the Nano.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1083 on: November 27, 2015, 08:25:25 pm »
Seems I solved my problem. One USB port worked with the Wiz and Blinky, and the other doesn't.  On this laptop one port is USB2.0, the other 3.0 so I think that may have been the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefboi16

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2015, 12:15:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1084 on: December 06, 2015, 01:36:48 pm »
Having a bit of an issue with my configuration. I have added all my buttons for my emulator LEDBlinky lights up the buttons upon start up of game but then they turn off. Basically the buttons/controls will not stay lit. I have tried checking the "always active" option with no luck.

Thanks for the help in advance.

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2024, 10:57:03 am
« Reply #1085 on: December 10, 2015, 03:07:46 am »
Having a bit of an issue with my configuration. I have added all my buttons for my emulator LEDBlinky lights up the buttons upon start up of game but then they turn off. Basically the buttons/controls will not stay lit. I have tried checking the "always active" option with no luck.

About 1 in 10 times the button color assignments won't "take" for me as well.  I believe it may have something to do with game loading detection during the Hyperspin fade screen. Restarting the game usually fixes the problem.

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #1086 on: December 10, 2015, 06:00:22 am »

About 1 in 10 times the button color assignments won't "take" for me as well.  I believe it may have something to do with game loading detection during the Hyperspin fade screen. Restarting the game usually fixes the problem.
RocketLauncher's LEDBlinky integration works 100% of the time for me. Try that

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1087 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:58 am »

If you're using HyperSpin then please see this support link; http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#HSLEDProblem
An upcoming LEDBlinky release will include the same fix for RocketLauncher although you can manually update HLExeName=RocketLauncher in the settings.ini file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 16, 2023, 12:42:21 pm
« Reply #1088 on: December 14, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »
Hi:

Ok, I've got a weird one.  I have a new IPAC Ultimate I/O (so current firmware) and LEDBlinky 6.2.1.  Running Hyperspin.

I got things configured and they were working fine... specifically in MAME.  Controls were lighting up correctly, everything was working.

I added some more LED Buttons to my machine and edited the various files to ensure that the new button LEDs were working.

Got everything working, but now whenever I'm running MAME and hit COIN1, the game doesn't coin up.

So, after running a mame game, I Alt-Tab out to a Notepad window to see if the IPAC is still sending characters.  I hit the COIN1 button, I see the '5' appear in notepad, and then about 1 second later, the 5 starts repeating endlessly.  Same thing happens with COIN2, START1 and START2 but no other buttons exhibit this behavior.

When I 'disable' LEDBlinky in HS, MAME works fine, no issues whatsoever.

Debug log shows nothing interesting.

I've noticed that on the IPAC, those buttons are unique in that they don't send the KeyCode until the button is released (KeyUp), unlike all of the other player buttons which send the Keycode out on the KeyDown.

Ok, so when I disable LEDBlinky, this problem goes away.  My current LEDBlinky install used to work fine... and now this really weird behavior.

Any ideas for further troubleshooting?

The other issue I have is that my U360s are not recognized by LEDBlinky or the UltraStikTest app.  "No devices detected".  But they work fine in MAME, Windows sees them fine, the IDs are correctly set and Ultramap sees them and can write them without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1089 on: December 16, 2015, 07:54:20 am »
You know, upon further consideration, maybe this has something to do with the 'shift' functionality supported by the IPAC.

It would make sense that buttons designated as 'shift' buttons would not send a KeyCode until they are released as opposed to when they are pressed.

When I get home tonite, I'm going to remove the 'shift' flag from these buttons and report back the results.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1090 on: December 16, 2015, 09:40:43 am »
Hi:

Ok, I've got a weird one.  I have a new IPAC Ultimate I/O (so current firmware) and LEDBlinky 6.2.1.  Running Hyperspin.

I got things configured and they were working fine... specifically in MAME.  Controls were lighting up correctly, everything was working.

I added some more LED Buttons to my machine and edited the various files to ensure that the new button LEDs were working.

Got everything working, but now whenever I'm running MAME and hit COIN1, the game doesn't coin up.

So, after running a mame game, I Alt-Tab out to a Notepad window to see if the IPAC is still sending characters.  I hit the COIN1 button, I see the '5' appear in notepad, and then about 1 second later, the 5 starts repeating endlessly.  Same thing happens with COIN2, START1 and START2 but no other buttons exhibit this behavior.

When I 'disable' LEDBlinky in HS, MAME works fine, no issues whatsoever.

Debug log shows nothing interesting.

I've noticed that on the IPAC, those buttons are unique in that they don't send the KeyCode until the button is released (KeyUp), unlike all of the other player buttons which send the Keycode out on the KeyDown.

Ok, so when I disable LEDBlinky, this problem goes away.  My current LEDBlinky install used to work fine... and now this really weird behavior.

Any ideas for further troubleshooting?

The other issue I have is that my U360s are not recognized by LEDBlinky or the UltraStikTest app.  "No devices detected".  But they work fine in MAME, Windows sees them fine, the IDs are correctly set and Ultramap sees them and can write them without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

You may need to contact Ultimarc for support with the Ultimate I/O but hopefully the shift function is the cause of the odd behavior. As for the u360, try the test app again but start it with “run as administrator”. This support link may help: http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#U360Problem
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1091 on: December 16, 2015, 04:12:43 pm »
Ok.  Shift key has nothing to do with it.

Since the problem only occurs with MAME when LEDBlinky is running... I have to suspect LEDBlinky.

After a somewhat exhaustive series of changes to my LEDBlinky settings, I've isolated the setting that causes this issue on my setup.

If I have any animation specified in the 'Game Play Animation' field on the first tab, the issue described above occurs.

It does not matter which animation is selected, only that the field is not blank...

Also, in 6.2.1.0 you've got a UI bug.  On the first tab, the 'Abort Speech' checkbox always comes up checked, even if disabled in the settings.

So, I'd like to have animations working in MAME as I want the non control related buttons to glow a bit with an animation.

This issue seems so obvious that I doubt it's a common problem, but it's not working for me.

Would you like me to send you a Debug.zip?

Thanks,
Dave

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1092 on: December 16, 2015, 04:45:01 pm »
Ok.  Shift key has nothing to do with it.

Since the problem only occurs with MAME when LEDBlinky is running... I have to suspect LEDBlinky.

After a somewhat exhaustive series of changes to my LEDBlinky settings, I've isolated the setting that causes this issue on my setup.

If I have any animation specified in the 'Game Play Animation' field on the first tab, the issue described above occurs.

It does not matter which animation is selected, only that the field is not blank...

Also, in 6.2.1.0 you've got a UI bug.  On the first tab, the 'Abort Speech' checkbox always comes up checked, even if disabled in the settings.

So, I'd like to have animations working in MAME as I want the non control related buttons to glow a bit with an animation.

This issue seems so obvious that I doubt it's a common problem, but it's not working for me.

Would you like me to send you a Debug.zip?

Thanks,
Dave

LEDBlinky communicates with the Ultimate UI via a function library that’s supported by Ultimarc. I’m not sure why sending commands to the LED ports would also trigger an output port on the device, but this would seem to be related to your hardware setup and/or configuration (I haven’t had any other similar issues reported). Or maybe the hardware has a defect? Best way to get this resolved would be to contact Ultimarc.

As for the Abort Speech ‘Any Key’ checkbox, when unchecked you also need to specify the key (using the Pick button). If you don’t specify a key then the Any Key checkbox will revert back to checked.

I’m more than happy to look over your debug log and see if anything looks wrong.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1093 on: December 16, 2015, 06:00:11 pm »
Ok, I'll contact Andy.

I understand what you describe with regard to the UI issue.  Perhaps two radio buttons and the edit field would make more sense.

Thanks,
Dave

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1094 on: December 17, 2015, 04:15:19 pm »
Ok, so it turns out my firmware a little bit old so I upgraded to the current stuff.

Same problem.

Previously, when I thought I had turned off the 'shift' flag from withing WinIPAC it turns out that I had not.  Turned off Player2 not Player1.

After turning off the flag on the correct button, the problem has gone away.  Good thing for me I don't use the 'shift' function of the IPAC.

There's still a bug, probably in the IPAC as Arzoo sez.  I asked Andy to look at it, I can easily duplicate the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1095 on: December 18, 2015, 03:30:51 am »
Hi Arzoo,

first thanks for this great software, I can not imagine my cabinet without it  :applaud:

But I have a problem with mapping joystick configurations to my U360 joysticks. Neither LedBlinky nor the included test application can find my sticks, Ultramap is working flawlessly.
Log file shows 0 sticks found.
What could be wrong here, could you please help ?

Thanks in advance !

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1096 on: December 18, 2015, 07:36:27 am »
Hi Arzoo,

first thanks for this great software, I can not imagine my cabinet without it  :applaud:

But I have a problem with mapping joystick configurations to my U360 joysticks. Neither LedBlinky nor the included test application can find my sticks, Ultramap is working flawlessly.

Thanks in advance !

Please check out this support link; http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#U360Problem
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1097 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39:09 am »
Thanks arzoo, I've been through all that.  Still no joy.

I've been working with Andy on the other issue, you've both been very responsive.

In the end I replaced the pacdrive32.dll that you're shipping in 6.2.1.0 with the latest from Andy's SDk and the problem has gone away.

So, I think you'll want to grab the latest from him for future releases.

I forgot to ask him about the joystick issue... let me give that a try... I wonder if it could also be an old dll issue?

Dave

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1098 on: December 18, 2015, 09:09:44 am »
Thanks arzoo, I've been through all that.  Still no joy.

I've been working with Andy on the other issue, you've both been very responsive.

In the end I replaced the pacdrive32.dll that you're shipping in 6.2.1.0 with the latest from Andy's SDk and the problem has gone away.

So, I think you'll want to grab the latest from him for future releases.

I forgot to ask him about the joystick issue... let me give that a try... I wonder if it could also be an old dll issue?

Dave

Hmmm, thought I was using the latest dll. Hard to tell since they don't have any versioning. Thanks for the heads up.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1099 on: December 18, 2015, 09:58:49 am »
For those having problems getting LEDBlinky to recognize the latest u360 firmware, this may require an update to LEDBlinky. I'm looking into this.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1100 on: December 19, 2015, 09:30:19 am »
Ok, a new question now that I got the JDR stuff working in LEDBlinky.

I would like LEDBlinky to always load my Analog.um map for MAME.

Is there any way to accomplish this?  It seems that adding a <default> controls group for MAME won't work because only 1 Primary Control is allowed.  Is this correct?

So regardless of what MAME sez is the Primary Control for a game, I want my Analog map to load and the restrictor value because the analog mapping built into MAME seems to work better for me.

At the same time, for other emulators (since they don't necessarily include the same built in 'analog mapping' that MAME does, I would like LEDBlinky to load the appropriate map for the game.

What I've done is to copy my Analog.um file and overwrite all of the other maps with my analog map.  That way, regardless of Primary control for MAME, the analog map is being loaded.  This obviously causes an issue with other emulators where I can't or don't want the analog map to load.

Is it possible to change the path where LEDBlinky looks for the map files on an emulator by emulator basis?  Or is there some other way that I can define a <default> control group for MAME that forces my analog map to load regardless of Primary Control type?

Thanks,
Dave

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1101 on: December 20, 2015, 12:48:42 pm »
Ok, a new question now that I got the JDR stuff working in LEDBlinky.

I would like LEDBlinky to always load my Analog.um map for MAME.

Is there any way to accomplish this?  It seems that adding a <default> controls group for MAME won't work because only 1 Primary Control is allowed.  Is this correct?

So regardless of what MAME sez is the Primary Control for a game, I want my Analog map to load and the restrictor value because the analog mapping built into MAME seems to work better for me.

At the same time, for other emulators (since they don't necessarily include the same built in 'analog mapping' that MAME does, I would like LEDBlinky to load the appropriate map for the game.

What I've done is to copy my Analog.um file and overwrite all of the other maps with my analog map.  That way, regardless of Primary control for MAME, the analog map is being loaded.  This obviously causes an issue with other emulators where I can't or don't want the analog map to load.

Is it possible to change the path where LEDBlinky looks for the map files on an emulator by emulator basis?  Or is there some other way that I can define a <default> control group for MAME that forces my analog map to load regardless of Primary Control type?

Thanks,
Dave

The only way I can see achieving what you want to do would be to run a script or batch file after MAME loads to reset the u360 map to analog. This is the command: <path>\LEDBlinky.exe 13 analog
The script would have to run after LEDBlinky finishes with it's Game Start options.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1102 on: December 21, 2015, 12:00:03 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Thanks in advance !

Please download the latest version of LEDBlinky (v6.2.2) - this will fix the U360 detection problem.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:04:35 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1103 on: December 21, 2015, 06:43:41 am »
I downloaded the new version (BTW: many thanks !) but I have two more questions:

• UltraStikTest detects three Joysticks, but I have only two U360 devices installed. Any idea ?
  • When I map the U360 using LedBlinky, shouldn't the new mapping be reflected in UltraMap ?
    Regardless which map I set, in UltraMap the mapping remains "analog".
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:36:59 am by Ginsonic »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1104 on: December 21, 2015, 06:28:55 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I was wondering if this might be possible...
On my CP, I have a dedicated button to start the game from Hyperspin. I want this button to be constantly lit above all animations. I have the game controls lit for 15 seconds upon selecting a game, and I have Audio Animation going on otherwise, having the lights blink with the music from the video sample of each game.

The Start Button, I would like it to be lit constantly throughout game selection, and when in a game, its off. The only way I've attempted so far is via the Hyperspin Controls lit, but then I lose Audio Animation. I also tried to make an Animation, where this single button is lit, but then I want the other buttons to blink via Audio.

Hope this makes sense. Is there a checkbox I can use to make this button constantly active in the FE, or do I need to set it in the Controls Editor? Thanks for any information you can provide.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1105 on: December 21, 2015, 11:34:30 pm »
I downloaded the new version (BTW: many thanks !) but I have two more questions:

• UltraStikTest detects three Joysticks, but I have only two U360 devices installed. Any idea ?
  • When I map the U360 using LedBlinky, shouldn't the new mapping be reflected in UltraMap ?
    Regardless which map I set, in UltraMap the mapping remains "analog".

I don't think the UltraMap app will detect a change to the joystick map from LEDBlinky. I would suggest opening the Windows USB Game Controllers dialog and check the properties of the u360. From there you can tell if the LEDBlinky test app is actually changing the map (if the test app detects the joystick then I'm sure it's changing the map).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1106 on: December 21, 2015, 11:42:14 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I was wondering if this might be possible...
On my CP, I have a dedicated button to start the game from Hyperspin. I want this button to be constantly lit above all animations. I have the game controls lit for 15 seconds upon selecting a game, and I have Audio Animation going on otherwise, having the lights blink with the music from the video sample of each game.

The Start Button, I would like it to be lit constantly throughout game selection, and when in a game, its off. The only way I've attempted so far is via the Hyperspin Controls lit, but then I lose Audio Animation. I also tried to make an Animation, where this single button is lit, but then I want the other buttons to blink via Audio.

Hope this makes sense. Is there a checkbox I can use to make this button constantly active in the FE, or do I need to set it in the Controls Editor? Thanks for any information you can provide.

If you use an Audio Animation and set the mode to "Pulse Animation" or "Amplitude Animation", and then create an animation that keeps the start button on in all the frames - I think this would achieve what you want.

Another possible option would be to have HS execute a script or batch file whenever it's active and send the "Set Ports" command to LEDBlinky to turn on the correct port(s) for the Start button. I think which ever ports are set via the manual command will remain lit regardless of any running animation but I'm not 100% sure about this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:57:31 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1107 on: December 22, 2015, 04:04:32 am »
I don't think the UltraMap app will detect a change to the joystick map from LEDBlinky. I would suggest opening the Windows USB Game Controllers dialog and check the properties of the u360. From there you can tell if the LEDBlinky test app is actually changing the map (if the test app detects the joystick then I'm sure it's changing the map).
I assumed, Ultramap should show the new map. I will test the properties as suggested, thanks Arzoo !

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1108 on: December 24, 2015, 10:50:21 am »
Hi:

6.2.2 fixes the issue with my u360s not being identified.

However, I still have a problem that I've narrowed down to the u360 interaction.

When JDR mode is enabled in LEDBlinky the log shows that it's setting the correct maps to the sticks.

However, during this process, it seems like the sticks themselves are kicking out activity (like movements or even random button events) which completely screw up hyperspin.  When I launch a MAME game for example, the wheel will often move or sometimes HS will bring up my 'Favorites' menu as RocketLauncher is pulling up MAME.

With the 'Enable JDR' option turned off, this never happens and launches complete as expected.

I realize this is likely not an LEDBlinky issue and I'm also contacting Andy at Ultimarc.

I'll post back the results of that discussion.

Thanks,
Dave

BigWaveDave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1109 on: December 25, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »
Ok, following up...  It looks like this is an issue with HyperSpin Startup Script 1.08 and LEDBlinky activity.

It looks like if you're running the HyperSpin Startup Script (which I am), when LEDBlinky attempts to write the u360 maps, the script is sending joystick commands to HS.  At least that's the way it seems.

If find it hard to believe that I'm the only one using this hardware/software combination... but maybe so.

Anyway here's what I posted over in the HyperSpin Startup Script support thread on the HyperSpin site...

Hi:

Nice script.  It's really the only thing that worked for me to get my u360 analog joysticks working in Hyperspin.

Anyway, I am seeing an issue where LEDBlinky and HyperSpin Startup Script don't seem to be playing nice.

If you go into LEDBlinky and configure JDR mode for the u360, it will load a map file to the joysticks when a game is selected from the wheel.

In my case, I have LEDBlinky setup and turned on in HyperSpin.

Anyway, with the JDR u360 option enabled, during game launch it seems like random joystick movements are sent to the HyperSpin UI causing the wheel to move at the same time RocketLauncher is bringing up the emulator.  I have also seen HyperSpin jump to my 'FAVORITES' screen in addition to the random wheel movements.

Needless to say, this tends to screw things up as HS doesn't really think it's a background application anymore, etc.

If LEDBlinky is configured to NOT send the map files to my u360s on game launch, this problem NEVER occurs.

So, there is some interplay between setting the maps in the U360s and the startup script.

I'm really surprised that I haven't seen any comments on this elsewhere.

Is this something the you could look into?  I think it's the script behaving badly in this case.

Thanks,

Dave

quakebo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
« Reply #1110 on: December 31, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »
I have a problem.  I have a new IPAC Ultimate I/O (got for Christmas and new led buttons) and LEDBlinky 6.2.2.    I have everything setup and it all works great it only lights up the buttons needed for a game in mame or for a different emulator.

Now my problem is with getting my led buttons to flash with music when using jukebox now in the ledblkinky configure utility if I turn on game play animation  then the lights flash to music great but then they flash when playing games as well and do not light up the buttons needed to play the game.  so how do I set it up so it only flashes to music and only lights up the buttons needed for games.

I also havce it set to light up the buttons needed to use maximus arcade  but they do not light up.  Any ideas why not.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1111 on: December 31, 2015, 04:47:24 pm »
I have a problem.  I have a new IPAC Ultimate I/O (got for Christmas and new led buttons) and LEDBlinky 6.2.2.    I have everything setup and it all works great it only lights up the buttons needed for a game in mame or for a different emulator.

Now my problem is with getting my led buttons to flash with music when using jukebox now in the ledblkinky configure utility if I turn on game play animation  then the lights flash to music great but then they flash when playing games as well and do not light up the buttons needed to play the game.  so how do I set it up so it only flashes to music and only lights up the buttons needed for games.

I also havce it set to light up the buttons needed to use maximus arcade  but they do not light up.  Any ideas why not.

If you have LEDBlinky configured to use a Game Play audio animation and also Light Game Controls, then the active controls should not be effected by the audio animation. This support link might help: http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#Jukebox

There are other support links which apply to Maximus Arcade.

Try using the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app to see if it provides any answers. If that doesn't help, email me the debug.ZIP file (generated by the troubleshooting app) and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

quakebo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 02:13:01 pm
« Reply #1112 on: December 31, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »
Thanks for your help I have found the problem.  I did not check the box game play animation for jukebox only so now all is good.  and now the buttons for maximus arcade sometimes light up. If only they would light up all the time when in maximus arcade.

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1113 on: January 06, 2016, 12:27:23 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

sorry to bother you again, but I have a new problem with LedBlinky 6.2.2. I updated MAME to Version 0169 and generated a new MAME.xml. When LedBlinky tries to load this file, it hangs with 15% CPU and never comes back. XML file is readable with an editor and looks normal. Do you know any issues with version 0169 ?
BTW version 0168 works flawlessly !

Thanks and regards !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:33:45 pm by Ginsonic »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1114 on: January 06, 2016, 01:52:12 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

sorry to bother you again, but I have a new problem with LedBlinky 6.2.2. I updated MAME to Version 0169 and generated a new MAME.xml. When LedBlinky tries to load this file, it hangs with 15% CPU and never comes back. XML file is readable with an editor and looks normal. Do you know any issues with version 0169 ?
BTW version 0168 works flawlessly !

Thanks and regards !

Something must have changed in .169 and broke LEDBlinky. I'll look into this.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1115 on: January 06, 2016, 02:10:06 pm »
Something must have changed in .169 and broke LEDBlinky. I'll look into this.

Many thanks !

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1116 on: January 09, 2016, 06:34:10 pm »
I've posted an update to LEDBlinky (v6.2.2.2) which fixes the issue with mame.xml v.169
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jaywv1981

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 10:14:07 am
« Reply #1117 on: January 15, 2016, 11:26:27 am »
All of a sudden when I start Hyperspin, LED Blinky takes about 30 seconds to start.  Seems like it was instant before.  Is there a certain setting that delays LED Blinky's launch once Hyperspin launches?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1118 on: January 15, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »
All of a sudden when I start Hyperspin, LED Blinky takes about 30 seconds to start.  Seems like it was instant before.  Is there a certain setting that delays LED Blinky's launch once Hyperspin launches?

There's an option on the MAME Config tab to "Preload MAME Data Files On Startup". If you uncheck this option the files will not be loaded until Hyperspin tells LEDBlinky that the MAME wheel is running. Most of LEDBlinky's startup delay can be attributed to the loading and parsing of the mame.xml file. Using an older (smaller) version of this file can also reduce the startup delay.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jaywv1981

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 10:14:07 am
« Reply #1119 on: January 15, 2016, 04:44:11 pm »
Thanks a lot.  I'll play around with the settings tonight and see if I can figure it out.